Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My first problems

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
fire-n-ice

My first problems

Post by fire-n-ice » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:09 pm

On my way home from HC, my steering notched to the point of having to snatch it around curves. As most of y'all probably already know, this is a known problem with varying solutions and with all the research I did [thank you also to ovrkll for helping me find PUMA info.], I was paranoid I might run into some resistance at the dealership. Along with my steering almost killing me on I-85, my c/d player stopped working.
My initial appt. with BMW of Macon, Ga naturally yielded no steering problems because you have to drive under the right conditions for a certain period of time. We made another appt. for this past Monday to drop off my Z and pick up a loaner. I will post my loaner experience in another thread.
I received a call this afternoon from BMW stating they were able to replicate the 'sticky' steering and have a steering column ordered and are replacing my radio as well. In addition to this, the technician told me he noticed my gas cap was loose and he is going to replace this too. I should have my car back by Friday 5-5:30, if all goes smoothly.
I will report how the steering actually does once I've driven it for a while as these things tend to creep back up...sometimes. I didn't want to post this until I had a more thorough experience with the dealership. I wanted to give them the opportunity to make things right before posting my comments. I am extremely satisfied with their services so far and cannot WAIT to get my Z back.
If you're interested in my loaner experience, check it out in the photo section.
T.
In loving memory of TJ. "618 - Out of service and at home"

Wondermike

Re: My first problems

Post by Wondermike » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:45 pm

fire-n-ice wrote:...If you're interested in my loaner experience, check it out in the photo section...
T.
Not there no? What did you get?

inTgr8r

Post by inTgr8r » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:54 pm

Glad to hear they sorted things out for you :thumbsup:

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:56 pm

inTgr8r wrote:Glad to hear they sorted things out for you :thumbsup:
X2... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:13 am

Good job on getting them to recognize that there was a problem :thumbsup: . Try to get all the documentation you can, for future members that may encounter the same problem. So, when is our next drive again? :D
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:04 am

ovrkll wrote:when is our next drive again? :D
You know the answer to that question :driving: !

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:34 pm

ovrkll wrote:Good job on getting them to recognize that there was a problem :thumbsup: . Try to get all the documentation you can, for future members that may encounter the same problem. So, when is our next drive again? :D
Absolutely, it's all about the knowledge: information is power

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Wondermike wrote:
fire-n-ice wrote:...If you're interested in my loaner experience, check it out in the photo section...
T.
Not there no? What did you get?
Sorry Mike, a little bit of a slowass these last 24 hours...it is there now, in all it's glory: check it out :D
T.

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:08 pm

FNI, did you get your baby back yet?
Member ZSCCA

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi AJ, I did this morning!!! :yeah: :dance2: :worshipbmw: Can you tell, I'm just a little bit happy? It drives 100% better. The steering is amazing, guess so with a brand new steering outfit, new c/d player and a repaired gas cap. My mom went with me to pick it up so I haven't driven it like a bitch yet, but just wait until tomorrow :evil: .
Thanks for asking, I have really really missed my little car. Even though I work a lot and don't get to drive it much, it is there and I can look at it whenever I want, or even take it for a quick spin 'around the block' so to speak. A 5-minute indulgence.
Check out my dealership experience after awhile.
T.

flyboyaj

Post by flyboyaj » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:37 am

Congrats!!!!! I'm so happy to hear that you had a good experience with your dealership maintenance shop. Be sure to mess with the BMW dude when he calls to ask you to rate your experience... "on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being outstanding, how would you rate your overall service?" I always answer, "TEN" and the representative on the phone gets all confused and I can't help but laugh at them. They are too serious when they call.
fire-n-ice wrote: or even take it for a quick spin 'around the block' so to speak. A 5-minute indulgence.
Yea, I think we all know what you mean... you drive around the block to ovrkll's place to indulge in a quick :cheers:
Member ZSCCA

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:59 am

:whistle:

I did have to laugh a that one, at first glance I thought it said "quickie" :lol:

Cheers!
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

fire-n-ice

Post by fire-n-ice » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:40 am

Damn men, always with your heads in the gutter :chairfight: !
ovrkll and me do live very close to each other, so we are fortunate to be able to gtg often, even if it's for a little while. I think it's funner driving with another Z, looks good in the rear view mirror. We like a lot of the same things so it makes for good company :friends: Image

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:47 am

Your label is still on the camera! :ant:

Ok, I confess a nice pic, it even appears he is following at a safe distance for when the driver who is taking a picture looses control :D :poke:
j/k
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:29 pm

Both of us are very safe drivers, look well ahead for possible problems and maintain enough separation to allow for emergency maneuvering. We do get quite spirited at times, but it is always in an area free of other vehicles and (usually) with good sight-lines. The best thing is to know your car and your own abilities, and not to exceed them unless you are on a track. Okay, I will get off the :soapbox: now. :lol:
As FnI mentioned, we do have a lot in common, besides the Z, and enjoy getting together for a few hours on the weekends when our schedules permit.

Cheers!
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M