Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A question on quoting others' posts

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:36 am

I didn’t know it was even possible to part quote, I always full quote and cut out the bits I don’t want which is lengthy yes (on the phone).

On the pc it makes no difference to me though as it is easy to cut out
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:39 am

This thread was resurrected by an AI spam post! :o
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

IRD

Post by IRD » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:55 am

Pondrew wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:09 pm
baljemmett wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:46 am but I presume you've also tried highlighting the text before clicking the " button?
Yep that is the thing that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I did it when quoting your line above but sometimes it just highlights it but doesn't come up with the "insert quote in the quick reply form" so I can't do it.
baljemmett wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:46 am (although with two orders of magnitude fewer posts than you, the odds are not in my favour anyway!)
I have keyboard diarrhoea. It's a condition! :D
Do you know Andy I wondered what was the cause of that smel when I met you! 😋😋😋

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Well, I didn't realise that could be done so you are way ahead of me. I just assumed that sometimes the website clipped it to save space.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:07 pm

But now I can yipee :thumbsup: I have keyboard diarrhoea. It's a condition! :D :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:08 pm

But now I can yipee :thumbsup: I have keyboard diarrhoea. It's a condition! :D :thumbsup: And again :thumbsup: