Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth music via iPhone 3G

ryukin

Bluetooth music via iPhone 3G

Post by ryukin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi folks! I'm new here, but I've been reading a few posts and I've learned quite a bit already!!

Something that's always bugged me ever since getting my z4 is playing music on my iPhone and wanting it to play through the car speakers. I know I could just buy an FM transmitter for the phone and do it that way, but my Z4 has bluetooth and it's hooked up to my iPhone, so SURELY there's got to be a way of the car picking up my music via the bluetooth? Afterall, I can listen to voicemails and recordings via the car speakers - pretty much everything except music it seems :(

TH3R4POR

Re: Bluetooth music via iPhone 3G

Post by TH3R4POR » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:22 am

nope, the iPhone bluetooth isn't the way to go but there are many topics on this subject in this very section. The Bluetooth on the iPhone was only initially intended to be able to connect to headsets, it's only recently that file sharing has become available but still it isn't right for your application.

Intravee seems to be the best solution if you want to be able to control the player via the controls, Dension and DICE systems are also available. If you don't want to be able to control the iPod then use an AUX output which is dirt cheap.

ryukin

Post by ryukin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:57 am

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Fingers crossed they'll put it in an update one day!

TH3R4POR

Post by TH3R4POR » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:06 am

the bluetooth connectivity was one of the major drawbacks of the iphone (along with the camera and MMS), they seem to have nailed pretty much everything else now.

Hindy500

Post by Hindy500 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:09 am

I've just sold my Intravee and Alpine setup on Ebay. Access was sluggish and only worked the Ipod component of the Iphone. I realised that it was daft to try to reproduce a user interface that is so much better on the phone. The difference in the attention required to select music on the Intravee (with Nav) set up and picking up the phone to do it is very muc in the phone's favour.

I'm now pursuing the Aux solution which I aim to combine with a bluetooth receiver (£30). This will connect via the A2DP bluetooth on the Iphone and route any audio from the phone to the car system. This will mean I can use any audio app on the phone, specifically Radiobox and Spotify.

I'll let you know how it works out..
Z4MC Sapphire Black, Black leather, Carbon dash, Cruise, Nav. Retrofits: F10 M5 knob, Bluemusic, Useless cupholders.
Ford Mustang Mach-E, LR
Previous:
07 Z4C Grey
03 Z4R 3.0 Grey
99 Mini Cooper

Broaders

Post by Broaders » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:51 pm

Bluetooth streaming is possible via the io play device. I have it installed in my car and it works perfectly.

Its the only device I have heard of that does however.

Richard
Z4 - gone but not forgotten!
M3 - Currently putting a wide smile on my face!

ryukin

Post by ryukin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:00 pm

Broaders wrote:Bluetooth streaming is possible via the io play device. I have it installed in my car and it works perfectly.

Richard
io play device? What's that? I'm suprised there's not just an app you can download to do this.

gannet
Lifer
Lifer

Post by gannet » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:54 pm

ryukin wrote:
Broaders wrote:Bluetooth streaming is possible via the io play device. I have it installed in my car and it works perfectly.

Richard
io play device? What's that? I'm suprised there's not just an app you can download to do this.
similar to a parrot kit:

ioPlay
-- Gannet.
Current: MINI JCW... - Modification: Driver Upgraded :D
Previous: DS3 DSport, Z4 3.0SE, 206 GTi & XS, Alfa 147 Lusso