Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Recommendation for YouTube or other article on polishing / paint correction ?

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Recommendation for YouTube or other article on polishing / paint correction ?

Post by B21 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:35 am

True-Blue wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:23 am
1536Z4 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:16 am
B21 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:11 am Looking to some good tutorials on how and when to do it..
This has always been my go to site with lots of How to etc . Beware it can get to be an expensive pastime https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/
Based on Peter’s workshop, Lift, air conditioning/heating and big turbo builds… I think £500+ on a quality D/A, pads, compounds etc won’t raise a bead of sweat on his brow :rofl:

In all seriousness, Peter, go for something like a Flex forced drive D/A with a 6’’ backing plate and 7’’ Rupes pads - 3 cars is a chunk of work, it’s harder than it looks from the videos.

You might as well get stuck straight into learning on a forced drive machine, faster results, especially on curved panels - of which the E89 has many. Google FLEX SupaBeast, there’s an American guy Mike Phillips, a little annoying, but a skilled and experienced detailer who does make some good tutorial video’s, especially around forced drive machines that don’t stall.
Thnx I will definitely get round to this ..other first world issues at the moment..suspect it’s going to be a winter project when there’s not much to do up here in the long dark winters :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup: