Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Removing arm rest lid

TomZ4

Removing arm rest lid

Post by TomZ4 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:54 pm

Gents, been banging my head for ages on that arm rest lid, do ai have the remove the whole central l trim to take the arm rest box off?

I looked at it from every angle, loosen the 2 bolts at the back and the only thing holding is the middle cap screw bolt, but that will take the whole assembly bolt with side trims and the phone docking station etc..

:headbang:
Electrical engineer with interest in mechanical stuff, hit me up if you need help with some interesting projects.
Z4 - 2012 iDrive S 2.0L
Current project: iDrive Android Screen Installation

Christopher72

Removing arm rest lid

Post by Christopher72 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:22 pm

Yes, order of removal is to remove the center console, then to remove the arm rest from the center console.

Steps:
There are two screws underneath in the back of the console that are reachable when the console is removed.
There is a tensioned spring retainer and spring that will need to be removed.
Then the hinge pins can be pulled towards the center to remove them from their bearing supports.

Good luck.
Christopher
2011 E89 Sdrive35i - Deep Sea Blue, Beige Kansas Leather
'fits in progress - PDC, Cameras, Comfort Access, Respray/Correction - all queued for poor weather.
(9) E46 convertibles; (1) E39 540i; (2) E36 Z3 roadsters; (1) Pre-prod E36 Z3- all gone