Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear Indicator Failure

RobbiZ4

Rear Indicator Failure

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:16 pm

Take these ones: :)

Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Rear Indicator Failure

Post by flybobbie » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:58 pm

I assume the design, wrap around red part to conform to US side marker.
I wonder if the field of view of indicators is better than original, that seem very directional.

IanzZ4

Rear Indicator Failure

Post by IanzZ4 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:18 pm

Hi, I had the exact same problem with my car recently (Oct 2023). Nearside rear cluster had four LEDs dropping off intermittently, causing a warning light and indicator relay going into overdrive. Web research here and elsewhere showed a replacement cluster was the only answer. Look as hard as I could, I could find no stock in the UK, not even at breakers or main dealers. I was resigned to having to wait for new stock to arrive goodness knows when and pay goodness knows how much for it.

Two weeks ago I ran a search on eBay to see whether there was anything doing and amongst the usual dubious postings for US spec and parts from Lithuania, a post appeared under the banner Blinkin Marvellous, advertising reconditioning services for Z4 E89 rear light clusters. Cautiously I made contact, asked the seller a few questions, the replies to which were fast and confident. I got enough confidence myself to wrap my precious light up and post it Royal Mail Special to Clive, the owner of this enterprise, who is located close to Frome in Somerset.

Tons of updates back and forth gave me reassurance we were good and we were. Inside a week, Clive made the repair with new LEDs, a newly fashioned bracket to repair a crack in the casing I knew of, where somebody had obviously had a go at a previous attempt, he returned it, again by Royal Mail Special and I have it back on the car, working exactly as it should be. I won't tell you the price I paid for this service, I think Clive will deal with that on a case by case basis, but I paid less than I had been quoted for a new non-existent replacement!

If you want to look into this yourself then the best way to contact Clive is to search eBay for item ref 296058767160. Only the initial contact is through eBay, it's mobiles from there, giving further reassurance.

I am very pleased with the service and so based on my experience I would recommend Clive to any of you suffering the same annoyance with your rear lights.

Best regards

IanzZ4 - Chelmsford

ps Clive is a Z4 owner so he may even amongst us :D

RobbiZ4

Rear Indicator Failure

Post by RobbiZ4 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:52 pm

Thanks for these details.

Do you have some photos of the refurbished one, espacially where it was cut open and closed again?
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

IanzZ4

Rear Indicator Failure

Post by IanzZ4 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:56 pm

Hi, only once I’d refitted it. To be honest I looked but could not see how he got at the LEDs.