Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Help and newbie

First port of call for new members
PDV

Help and newbie

Post by PDV » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:08 am

Hi everyone.
I bought a 2015 z4 and all was well till the roof started playing up. I have had the roof pump serviced, new power distribution board, new relays and have replaced some wiring.
Roof would work but kept stopping. Hall sensor faults. Replaced the sensors but now I have A694 fault and the roof won't move. Can anyone please help me?
I have tested all the micro switches I can see but can't find that one. Thank you.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Help and newbie

Post by paddy wright » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:18 am

Sorry I can’t help- but welcome along
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Help and newbie

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:14 pm

Welcome to the forum - sadly I can't help with your question either.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

PDV

Help and newbie

Post by PDV » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:47 pm

Hi Guys. Quick update. So one of the hall sensors I replaced had a yellow and brown wires. The hall sensor I got had red and brown. I swapped it back to check and now it's working half way but not completely. No faults either now.
So more checking and testing tomorrow.

PDV

Help and newbie

Post by PDV » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 pm

Hi guys.
So more interesting now. I have put all the old hall sensors back on and the roof is working but stops just before the roof gets to the windscreen and then the other way too. Fault code A696 now which is a hall sensor. Could it be a fault with the cheap on? Can someone confirm which hall sensor its referring to? Many thanks

Chippie

Help and newbie

Post by Chippie » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:04 pm

Could your problem be a broken wire where it bends on the roof hinges?
The link below is from someone replacing their hall sensors.
viewtopic.php?p=2019568#p2019568
Also have you used the forum search function? There’s plenty of info on roof problems, also search for RobbiZ4 as he’s the man when it comes to roof diagnosis and repair.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather