Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ulez

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:29 pm

I have sympathy with the folk caught in the Londons / Kahn’s expansion of the ULEZ zone.

If the air pollution is indeed so bad, should his own transport not be reflecting those necessary changes?

More dual standards and hypocrisy. No doubt he will bleat on about his security.

I suspect it’s coming to a town near all of us soon.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:27 pm

I just think it's a brilliant way of helping to kill off towns if expanded. Who wants to pay 12 quid to enter a Zone.

As I don't want or wish to use our woeful public transport system or pay double the cost of purchasing a new electric car with no where to charge it then I just wouldn't bother visiting a town subject to a ULEZ Zone.

Tim.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:29 pm

I am confused now.
I am assuming that they can't include the long stay parking areas in this or you'd get the fine before you got home?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:38 pm

Its a bit like the emissions tax, they dont mind as long as they are making money from it.
If they were that bothered there would be a blanket ban on certain vehicles and just not allowed at all into certain zones.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:55 pm

My main gripe is the type of vehicles Kahn uses!

A glowing case of do as I say not as I do!

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by MikeyH » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:30 pm

The 'Brown Car Guy' on YouTube is campaigning to have it stopped. He has an old BMW. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Ulez

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:47 pm

It must be quite an old BMW then. :o

Even my 2002 E46 325ti would have been compliant as it was Euro IV and I'm pretty sure all Z4s comply - with the possible exception of Alpinas, but you probably wouldn't want to enter Khan's kingdom if you had one of those!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:52 pm

Is the ulez charge in addition to the congestion charge in London - i suspect the names give me a clue ! :rofl:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Ulez

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Of course it is!

Sadiq wouldn't have missed that additional revenue out. :evil:

The only positive is that you can enter the ULEZ without going anywhere near the Congestion Charge area as it's pretty central.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by Nanu » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:27 pm

I have no sympathy for Londoners. They voted for Khan.

Noticed yesterday that the Lloyds BMW garage I use in Newcastle is about 50 yards inside the clean air zone just inflicted on Newcastle by the Labour Council.

It only applies to a very limited number of commercial vehicles for now, but it's only a matter of time.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Ulez

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:45 pm

Nanu wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:27 pm I have no sympathy for Londoners. They voted for Khan.
That's true, but there are plenty of people outside the ULEZ who didn't get to vote but have to go there.

My Mum passed away in 2020 but for the previous 10 years I was visiting her regularly as her taxi service and more often latterly as a part-time carer. She lived in a London Borough but thankfully it hadn't been extended then. My sister still lives in a London Borough - neither of them would have voted for Khan!
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:45 pm
Nanu wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:27 pm I have no sympathy for Londoners. They voted for Khan.
That's true, but there are plenty of people outside the ULEZ who didn't get to vote but have to go there.

My Mum passed away in 2020 but for the previous 10 years I was visiting her regularly as her taxi service and more often latterly as a part-time carer. She lived in a London Borough but thankfully it hadn't been extended then. My sister still lives in a London Borough - neither of them would have voted for Khan!
It's not just about London though. These LEZs are being introduced all over the place.

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by sars » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:05 pm

It was Boris that introduced the ulez, but left office before it came into force, however that’s really a mute point because after the supreme court ruling forced the Government’s hand into action, culminating with the introduction of the clean air zones in our major cities earlier this year. These clean air zones charge for diesel vehicles below euro six and petrol below euro four emission standard

Whilst it does penalise the least well off, we do need to improve the air quality of our cities for everyone’s sake, so it would be fairer if the scrapage incentives were better. I’m sure that I’m not alone when I see some old diesel spewing black soot and thinking that shouldn’t be on the road.
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Ulez

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:11 pm

Nictrix wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:00 pm It's not just about London though. These LEZs are being introduced all over the place.
You're right, but that one probably grabs the headlines because of the area it is about to cover and the number of people living in, or near to, it.

It's just the first of many sadly. :(

A month or so ago I went around the outskirts of Bradford and saw signs for a Clean Air Zone. :o So I looked it up when I got home and it didn't apply to private cars - yet!
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Ulez

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:13 pm

The air in cities nowadays is probably the cleanest it's been in decades without banning older vehicles.
My old car was a 2010 3.0l diesel that wouldn't comply with LEZ. The inside of the exhaust tips were spotless all the time even when it passed 100k.