Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen Washer Junction Box Bypass

Wisby

Post by Wisby » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:41 pm

I have an issue with my windscreen washer it will stop working sometimes, but once I turn off the ignition and then restart the car it will work again for a random amount of time then stop working again until the car is restarted then it will work again some times it works for ages before it stops some times it will fail on the first use then not work again until car is restarted.

I’ve checked wiring for loose connections I’ve cleaned out the pump and the water reservoir I’ve cleaned out all the hoses I’ve replaced the water pump. So reading up on the problem it looks like it could be a fault with the Junction Box Module.

Seeing as it’s £1500 to replace and recode the Junction Box Module and it seems that this intermittent washer pump issue is the only problem with the Junction Box I’m wondering if there is a way I can bypass the Junction Box completely.

I have experience with electronics as I repair phones/electronics for work but I don’t have experience making my own circuits so I’m asking if anyone can advise if I could splice a wire from the washer switch on the stalk and then wire it directly to a independent relay and then wire the pump and 12v voltage directly to that so I can bypass the junction box completely.

I’m worried that I might then cause a short on the stalk that I splice the wire from for the relay activation?

If anyone has any idea or maybe anyone with experience designing their own circuit could maybe design something that I can make to bypass the junction box.

Thanks

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:46 pm

Use opto isolator power relay if there is enough power at stalk, or isolation transformer.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125874696793 ... R7zvs7y1Yg

Wisby

Post by Wisby » Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:39 pm

Ok cool thanks for that I’ll order one and then see if it will work 😊