Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

World cup

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by Nanu » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:52 pm

The Spanish were the better side no doubt but the ref was biased towards them.

When one of there wingers wasted time by kicking the ball away in extra time (a straight yellow) the ref walked towards her and looked as if she was about to book her but when she realised that player was already on a yellow she walked away and did nothing.

last 10 mins or so against 10 may have had a different outcome?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

World cup

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:11 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:47 pm Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:18 pm
Pondrew wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:10 pm
That Lauren James is a very talented footballer.
Well that's probably no surprise seeing as her older brother Reece James is the Chelsea captain!
Think she may want to keep that quiet :poke:
To be fair she won't be able to - it's on Wiki! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by Nanu » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:11 pm

Bit of bad publicity for the team returning to Heathrow today. Not good PR to exit via a private exit resulting in all the fans who had gathered to welcome them back very disappointed :thumbsdown:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:36 pm

Deleted due to fat finger typing!
Last edited by enuff_zed on Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:37 pm

Nanu wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:11 pm Bit of bad publicity for the team returning to Heathrow today. Not good PR to exit via a private exit resulting in all the fans who had gathered to welcome them back very disappointed :thumbsdown:
Yes I should imagine that was some PR Guru, not the ladies themselves though?

But I have to say.................Mary Earps................ my new hero (heroine?)!
F**k you! F**ck the world! F**k off!
Only the second person ever to save a World Cup Final penalty and her reaction was brilliant!
OK Pondy, it's women's football, but they are playing teams of the same standard as themselves so that save still counts.
But better than that was her reaction! A true Lioness!

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

BeeEmm

World cup

Post by BeeEmm » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:27 am

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:37 pm Only the second person ever to save a World Cup Final penalty and her reaction was brilliant!
OK Pondy, it's women's football, but they are playing teams of the same standard as themselves so that save still counts.
The penalty should have been retaken as the English Goalie obviously dived well before the kick was taken.

https://www.google.com/search?q=england ... opMaXwlyqw
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:50 am

BeeEmm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:27 am
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:37 pm Only the second person ever to save a World Cup Final penalty and her reaction was brilliant!
The penalty should have been retaken as the English Goalie obviously dived well before the kick was taken.

Movement isn't an issue, as long as one part of one foot is behind the line at the point the ball is struck. It was. :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by Pondrew » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:08 am

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:37 pm But I have to say.................Mary Earps................ my new hero (heroine?)!
F**k you! F**ck the world! F**k off!
Only the second person ever to save a World Cup Final penalty and her reaction was brilliant!
I think Mary Earps is great! But I am very shallow, so only because she is quite good looking! :wink:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

BeeEmm

World cup

Post by BeeEmm » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:59 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:50 am
BeeEmm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:27 am

Movement isn't an issue, as long as one part of one foot is behind the line at the point the ball is struck. It was. :thumbsup:
Have another look enuff and another. It is clear that the goalie removed her right foot from the line before the player kicked the ball. It was so obvious to me at the time that I was amazed the striker still sent the ball to the right, she had lots of time to change her mind on the run up and tap it into the left. :thumbsup:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

World cup

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:08 pm

BeeEmm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:59 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:50 am
BeeEmm wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:27 am The penalty should have been retaken as the English Goalie obviously dived well before the kick was taken.

Have another look enuff and another. It is clear that the goalie removed her right foot from the line before the player kicked the ball. It was so obvious to me at the time that I was amazed the striker still sent the ball to the right, she had lots of time to change her mind on the run up and tap it into the left. :thumbsup:
I've looked several times.
We must agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

VAR viewed it many times over and the stills they produced show the foot behind the line as the ball was hit. It didn't have to be touching the ground, just a tiny part of it behind the line.
In effect the same kind of thing as the positioning of the ball for the spot kick. It didn't have to be physically on the spot, as long as it was overhanging it. The referee actually checked it from above.

And in the end, none of it made any difference.

BeeEmm

World cup

Post by BeeEmm » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:04 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:08 pm And in the end, none of it made any difference.
Indeed!