Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tw***

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
axelleveau

Tw***

Post by axelleveau » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:08 pm

Hi all,

Someone stole my rear set of wheels from my garden overnight (I was short on space in the garage with the subframe in there, lesson learned). If anyone sees a pair of silver 19" BBS CH reps with Michelin PSS on the usual websites or forums let me know, I have little hope but let's see :tumbleweed:

If someone sels a set of CSL reps with tyres at an affordable price let me know too :rofl:
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by TitanTim » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:52 am

Hope they weren't on the front garden. We've had instances where people have been decorating and left their heating radiators on the drive only to be taken away by the scrapman :?

No cameras?

Tim.

Rucky

Tw***

Post by Rucky » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:07 am

Stolen from waht area?
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes

axelleveau

Tw***

Post by axelleveau » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:37 am

TitanTim wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:52 am Hope they weren't on the front garden. We've had instances where people have been decorating and left their heating radiators on the drive only to be taken away by the scrapman :?

No cameras?

Tim.
Enclosed garden, not visible from the street. I am going through neighbours trying to find CCTV in areas they could have walked with the wheels while reaching a car.
Rucky wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:07 am Stolen from waht area?
Warwickshire

I'm debating contacting my house & contents insurrance. How would I prove the value of used wheels and tyres that came with the car and will that really help as I've now got to source a complete set at this point?
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by TitanTim » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:30 am

axelleveau wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:37 am
TitanTim wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:52 am Hope they weren't on the front garden. We've had instances where people have been decorating and left their heating radiators on the drive only to be taken away by the scrapman :?

No cameras?

Tim.
Enclosed garden, not visible from the street. I am going through neighbours trying to find CCTV in areas they could have walked with the wheels while reaching a car.
Rucky wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:07 am Stolen from waht area?
Warwickshire

I'm debating contacting my house & contents insurrance. How would I prove the value of used wheels and tyres that came with the car and will that really help as I've now got to source a complete set at this point?
If the wheels were tucked away and not on general view it must have been someone entering gardens trying their luck I would imagine. Worth reporting to the police as there might have been other thefts from gardens in the area which have been reported. Could be someone local who is known to the police.

I would have thought your insurer would need photos of the wheels and some sort of value. Any on ebay as a guide?

Only problem with going through insurance is weighing up potential premium increase if making a claim.

Tim.

axelleveau

Tw***

Post by axelleveau » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:40 am

Yes very likely it was someone going through gardens, and a small chance it was a delivery driver who noticed them and came back later.

Incident reproted to police, case is already close as there is no lead to follow. At least I got a crime number for insurrance. I will go through my house insurrance so if/when there is a premium going up it will not be significant.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by TitanTim » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:04 pm

axelleveau wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:40 am Yes very likely it was someone going through gardens, and a small chance it was a delivery driver who noticed them and came back later.

Incident reproted to police, case is already close as there is no lead to follow. At least I got a crime number for insurrance. I will go through my house insurrance so if/when there is a premium going up it will not be significant.
Hope it all works out.

I had some Wilkos garden lights nicked off the front some years ago, probably kids, the value was probably nothing but people nick first and think later. If anything it prompted me to get a few cameras and video doorbell etc as had none at that time. House has always been alarmed but I'm never that bothered anyone would actually take any notice of a house alarm.

Tim.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Tw***

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm

Really sorry to hear of that OP. :cry:

Sadly I'm not sure your Home insurers will be any use - most Household policies specifically exclude motor vehicles and accessories. :(
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

axelleveau

Tw***

Post by axelleveau » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:27 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:05 pm Really sorry to hear of that OP. :cry:

Sadly I'm not sure your Home insurers will be any use - most Household policies specifically exclude motor vehicles and accessories. :(
And you were right! Home policy not covering car parts, car policy not covering parts off the car, though realised I should probably have been as dishonest as the guy that stole my wheels and told them I had a set of genuine BBS and the car on bricks in the street (and I'g guess excess + loss od NCD would not be worth it) so I am on my own, just have to suck it up :|

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by Nanu » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:31 pm

We had a sun lounger stolen a couple of weeks ago, strangely garden furniture not covered by the insurance but the plants in the garden are???

Now have a security light and a Tapo Wi Fi camera on the kitchen widow which covers the garden. Great bit of kit for £25 :thumbsup:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Tw***

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:35 pm

axelleveau wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:27 pm And you were right! Home policy not covering car parts, car policy not covering parts off the car, though realised I should probably have been as dishonest as the guy that stole my wheels and told them I had a set of genuine BBS and the car on bricks in the street (and I'g guess excess + loss od NCD would not be worth it) so I am on my own, just have to suck it up
One of those times I wish I had been wrong! But that's what spending 30+ years handling insurance claims did to me. :roll:

I'm sure I've had Motor policies that gave some cover for accessories, but by the time you factor in the excess and possible impact on NCD I doubt it would be worthwhile anyway.

I can't really see what use 2 wheels are going to be to the scroats though. :?
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by Pondrew » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:57 pm

Sorry to hear about the theft.

All this talk of 'video doorbells' and CCTV in the garden, etc, though seems pointless to me.
Unless your thief is 'very' well known to the cops and gives a really good mugshot to the camera, or wears a name badge, I can't see it being much help TBH.

Even if the cops did apprehend them from any CCTV footage, the chances of getting your property back is next to none, so no help to the victim.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by Pondrew » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:00 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:35 pm I can't really see what use 2 wheels are going to be to the scroats though.
Many people sell single wheels, as replacements for damaged ones. They tend to ask good money for them, too (compared to a full set). Two give them double the revenue stream.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Tw***

Post by pvr » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:17 pm

My cctv images were used to arrest a known thief next day. As he found one or my (26) cameras and realised he was caught on them, he pushed one away and climbed back over my gates. He then burgled my neighbour bit some stuff was found on him that next day.

So it does work to have “protection”. My system caught 3 of them, all identified and arrested
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Tw***

Post by TitanTim » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:54 pm

Reason I installed cameras was more to notify me than anything. Problem is my Ring camera that's above the garage and covers the drive also picks up the milkman passing by at 2am with my Alexas around the house calling out in unison there's movement outside :lol:

https://ring.com/share/47101b36-ec9b-4e ... e195a4a7b9

I need to speak to the milkman if he could pass by at a more convenient time :)

Tim.