Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Places to avoid in Newport

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:13 pm

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me on this, my daughter is off to Newport in South Wales to start a new job very soon and we are looking for accommodation for her. We have been warned off a road/area called Commercial Way, are there any others that would be unsafe for a young woman to live in. I'm hoping that some of the members in South Wales might know the good and not so good areas. Thank you all in advance. Mike. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:21 pm

I can help mate - try Cwmbran / Caerleon / Bassaleg rather than Newport but avoid any part of Pill (Commercial road) / Ringland and parts of Bettws IMHO - other may say different but I would not want to move there.

I lived in Malpas for a while, was ok, pretty safe and good transport into the town centre, Gaer / Belle View park and Duffryn are ok.

Where is she going to work and I assume she has a car.
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Use the link to gain £50 credit when you sign up to Octopus energy - https://share.octopus.energy/alive-raven-300

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Thank you for replying old gits rule, I have answered your pm. Really great, my wife and daughter are now very excited and on google maps looking where they are. This is really, really great thank you :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.