Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter workhorse + Health update

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:56 pm

Re the two pensions that you say are worthless as revenue. I have just completed 2 years with the NHS and the pension as you can imagine was well under £10K per annum so they have a clause that they will make you an offer to buy you out. Worth checking if there is a buy out clause.

Was very surprised with my offer so took it. 25% was tax free the remainder was taxed but still came to £5K lump sum :D

PS For all those out there that support the junior doctors and consultants going on strike for 35% pay rise, based on my two years pension pay out, don't feel sorry for other NHS employees.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:17 pm

N4LLY wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:33 am Mr Tidy, Also have 3 small pension pots.

Two are old and frozen. One from the the 90's i am currently active at cashing in. Just awaiting a signature from
the cheif cancer doctor and will be submited with other info the pension company have asked for.
The expectancy 12 month box has been ticked, which means that 100% can be cashed in Tax free
Once banked will revue the others, they are worthless as a monthly pension sceam so may jsut as well cash in, if 100% tax free.
(This is based on my personal circumstance)

Re Hobbiy, i might just get another job. Easy and stress free, flexible and fun would be good.

Does miniumum wage get raised this week ?
I didn't realise 100% tax free was ever an option, but it's good that it is.

Minimum wage goes up today from £10.42 to £11.44.

But you are right, getting fit has to be a priority so good luck with that. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:05 am

N4LLY wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:35 am redundancy will have to support me as long as possible.
You should be claiming PIP . I take it you are ??
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 am

Hi Nally, surprised that you haven’t been contacted by C.A.B regarding benefits etc.Could be just a Warwickshire thing though. When I was originally diagnosed and still in hospital they contacted me and during the follow up call asked a few very basic questions regarding finance etc and arranged everything for me including the correct benefits and grants that I’m entitled too. At the end of the day I will probably never reach the age to claim my state pension so look upon it as getting it early.
All the best, Tim. :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:38 pm

1536Z4 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:05 am
N4LLY wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:35 am redundancy will have to support me as long as possible.
You should be claiming PIP . I take it you are ??
I had to Google "Claiming PIP" :lol: I do not qualify for anything, i am mobile and capable. :wink: :thumbsup:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:01 pm

MerBrook, No, no contact from Citizen's advise ?

I will not see pensionable age, so currently looking into cashing in the small private pensions pot's i have.
Dr. Cancer has signed my forms off as less than 12 month's so i can collect 100% now, tax free :thumbsup:
MerBrook wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 am . At the end of the day I will probably never reach the age to claim my state pension so look upon it as getting it early.
All the best, Tim. :thumbsup:
Exactly this ^^^^. Checking this out first as priority on the finance front :thumbsup:

8)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:19 pm

It annoys me to hear that this information does not seem to be freely and readily available to you chaps.
You have enough on your plates without having to seek out your best financial options.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:35 pm

N4LLY wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:38 pm I had to Google "Claiming PIP"
Sorry Sean I should have given its full name and said what it was . I believe you should speak to your hospital team/ Macmillan/ and / or Citizens Advice just to check what you may be entitled to and they should help you with the process . Not everyone is comfortable claiming benefits but if you are entitled to it and you meet the criteria why not :thumbsup:
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:58 pm

1536Z4, Sorting out Finances first.
If i get to a point where i feel the need for help, then for sure i will be asking for it.
I Have no knowledge or experience of the benefits system. Will see how we go.

Pension man done goof job with the first policy, i sent some paperwork yesterday and the
full pension pot was banked today. Fully TAX free :thumbsup: That was impressive.

Off for more Chemo tomorrow, deep joy :roll:

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:11 pm

Worst week so far :pinch:

Had planned to drive myself to appointment's this week, no chance, so the "Ex" to the rescue.

Thursday night i had a strange taste in the mouth that quickly filled up. Went to kitchen sink to spit out
and it was blood. I had a danglinging string of phlemb (???) that i could not spit so pinched it and pulled.
OMG :o a torrent of blood and god knows what fell out my mouth. With in 2 minutes i had half a sink covered in what can only be described
as "Ofal", was like a 1lb of liver and kidney was sitting in the sink. :cry:

I called 999 and asked for an Ambulance, but they refused as i was a cancer patient !! ?? :o :( :?
Managed to find the out of hours number for the Oncology derpartment and they told me to call for an ambulane again and
get to A & E asap. I got refused again, i then had a paramedic call and they also said they were not coming out. Then a call from
ambulance centre also saying they would not be coming out :x

First thing in the morning i called my Cancer care team. They were shocked and disgusted by the ambulance / 999 service and told
me to get to A & E immediatley and they would be waiting for me. The "Ex" to the rescue again. :thumbsup:

Many blood test's and a camara down the nose etc they wanted to keep me in, i said NO !! had, had plenty enough by then.
Blood count down from 95 to 83 ? in a week so given some iron tab's and bleeding control pills

I could post a picture of the mess i made in the kitchen but 1: The forum would throw up and 2: I would get banned :rofl:

No Chemo this week, a chance to recover a bit. Actually feel a tad better this morning, just zero energy and tired.

Meeting with the cheif's on Monday so will find out WTF's going on.

In other breaking news: I had a shave this morning, first since December :roll:

8)
Last edited by N4LLY on Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:17 pm

That is dreadful service from the ambulance service.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

MerBrook

Post by MerBrook » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:29 pm

Jeez thats awful from the ambulance service, unbelievable. I also find it concerning for the time that I will probably need their assistance and have the added concern wether they would come out to give that assistance.
On the plus side you didn't put any pics up of the mess in your kitchen. :thumbsup:
All the best
Alpina Roadster S Lux No.169, E86 Coupe Si Sport, Gone E86 Coupe Si SE

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:03 pm

That`s horrendous on all counts and thanks for not posting photos . Glad you are feeling better .

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:14 pm

That's pretty disgraceful 😕, never heard of that before regarding cancer patients, so if you have a certain illness you're blacklisted with not a chance of receiving any emergency help :cry: :thumbsdown:

You could always have called your local pharmacy so long as its between 9 and 5.

Last time I tried to get a doctors appointment it was a 3 week wait.

This country is a joke.

Hope things improve for you.

Tim.

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:33 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:14 pm That's pretty disgraceful 😕, never heard of that before regarding cancer patients, so if you have a certain illness you're blacklisted with not a chance of receiving any emergency help :cry: :thumbsdown:

You could always have called your local pharmacy so long as its between 9 and 5.

Last time I tried to get a doctors appointment it was a 3 week wait.

This country is a joke.

Hope things improve for you.

Tim.
I was gob smacked ! I have never called 999 before and to be told "Computer say's no" 3 times confused the feck out of me.
It was ca. 2345 - 2359 Hrs and i could have been bleeding to death !! ??
I think my Cancer care team are taking this up internally :thumbsup: