Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NO LONGER WANTED E86 3.0si Coupe

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Abbas

E86 3.0si Coupe

Post by Abbas » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I am looking to get into a 3.0si coupe, I've been away from Z4's for a couple of years and I'm ready to hop back in. Apologies for my lack of posts, I signed up and probably a few months later I decided to sell my 3.0si Roadster so took a hiatus for a bit. I still miss that car. I'm ready to hop back in. I'll be much more active once I'm back in a Z4, promise :)

I really miss owning a Z. I feel like a coupe would be a great daily for me. I'm specifically interested in Silver/Grey or Black ones.

Thanks,
Abbas

[note: post is edited as originally I was looking to swap for my s2000]
Last edited by Abbas on Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BMW 3.0si Coupe
IG: @abbas2kk

darich

E86 Coupe - Possible Swap

Post by darich » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:20 pm

Always liked the S2000. Seriously considered one back in the day but eventually opted for an E85 pre facelift.

Car looks lovely.....Good luck with the sale!
Previously 2004 Sterling Grey E85 3.0SE
Currently 2007 Silver Grey E86 M Sport
Instagram - Zed4Coupe

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:31 pm

darich wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:20 pm Always liked the S2000. Seriously considered one back in the day but eventually opted for an E85 pre facelift.

Thanks mate!

Nothing like it for a weekend drive. A lot of people describe it as a Honda motorbike with 4 wheels and that's pretty accurate I'd say. I bought it thinking I could daily it like I could with my Z4, but it gets loads of attention, way more than I expected so I've never felt comfortable parking it outside the house and I've always kind of wrapped it in cotton wool. Also maybe I'm just getting old but I miss my heated seats and softer suspension :lol:

With that being said, the Z4 definitely has more low down torque and is a brilliant engine in its own right. So I think it could be a happy middle ground with a roof!
BMW 3.0si Coupe

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:34 pm

Welcome along- the S2000 looks nice, always amazes me how much these hold their value! Good luck with your search.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

darich

E86 Coupe - Possible Swap for S2000

Post by darich » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:58 pm

Abbas wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:31 pm
darich wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:20 pm Always liked the S2000. Seriously considered one back in the day but eventually opted for an E85 pre facelift.

Thanks mate!

Nothing like it for a weekend drive. A lot of people describe it as a Honda motorbike with 4 wheels and that's pretty accurate I'd say. I bought it thinking I could daily it like I could with my Z4, but it gets loads of attention, way more than I expected so I've never felt comfortable parking it outside the house and I've always kind of wrapped it in cotton wool. Also maybe I'm just getting old but I miss my heated seats and softer suspension :lol:

With that being said, the Z4 definitely has more low down torque and is a brilliant engine in its own right. So I think it could be a happy middle ground with a roof!
The increased torque on the z4 is what swung me. As good as the VTEC engine is, I didn't fancy revving to 8k plus to overtake anything. It was my daily driver so had consider the driveability, hence the improved torque swaying me

Stunning cars πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ
Instagram - Zed4Coupe

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:59 pm

darich wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:58 pm

Thanks mate!

The increased torque on the z4 is what swung me. As good as the VTEC engine is, I didn't fancy revving to 8k plus to overtake anything. It was my daily driver so had consider the driveability, hence the improved torque swaying me

I totally get where you're coming from. At the same time once the cams change over and youre in the vtec it's such a thrill.

Just followed you on IG btw. Your Z4 is literally the exact spec I'm after. Lovely car mate. πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ
BMW 3.0si Coupe

darich

Post by darich » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:37 pm

Abbas wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:59 pm
darich wrote: ↑Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:58 pm

Thanks mate!

I totally get where you're coming from. At the same time once the cams change over and youre in the vtec it's such a thrill.

Just followed you on IG btw. Your Z4 is literally the exact spec I'm after. Lovely car mate. πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ
Saw that...followed back πŸ‘πŸΌ
Had mine about 5 months ...still look at it and think wow.. that's mine 😍
Instagram - Zed4Coupe

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:13 pm

There is a guy (Danny woolly) on Facebook who has a coupe for sale who wants an s2000….
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:13 pm

May be Danny woolli
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:01 pm

bigwinn wrote: ↑Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:13 pm May be Danny woolli
Thanks mate, yep I've talked to him recently, didn't work out
BMW 3.0si Coupe

minimental

Post by minimental » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:05 pm

pm'd

Abbas

E86 3.0si Coupe

Post by Abbas » Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:51 pm

Just bumping this thread to edit the post and topic abit, as my s2000 sold a few days ago and I’m ready to see all those coupes you’ve got! :wink:
BMW 3.0si Coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

E86 3.0si Coupe

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:26 am

I've become addicted to Coupes so wish you all the best finding one. :thumbsup:

The 3.0Si has plenty of torque at low revs despite making peak power at 6,600 rpm, but my MC seems just as good at lower revs and gets really exciting over 5,000rpm - VANOS instead of VTEC I suppose. And it makes peak power at 7,900rpm!

Maybe time for some budget creep. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Abbas

E86 3.0si Coupe

Post by Abbas » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:04 am

Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:26 am I've become addicted to Coupes so wish you all the best finding one. :thumbsup:

The 3.0Si has plenty of torque at low revs despite making peak power at 6,600 rpm, but my MC seems just as good at lower revs and gets really exciting over 5,000rpm - VANOS instead of VTEC I suppose. And it makes peak power at 7,900rpm!

Maybe time for some budget creep. :lol:

Thanks mate!

Yes, the inner voice in me sometimes says β€œgo on, stretch to an M!” But overall I think I don’t want something too highly strung, or expensive to maintain and service. Most people who’ve seen me sell my s2000 expect me to get into something on-par in terms of engine or above but I actually just want something relatively stress free I can drive everyday, but still with a little bit of drama and excitement (and comfort)!

I’ve been told by a few people the si is abit more agreeable to daily, so it would be good to know your experience with an MC, in terms of ride comfort, servicing, engine maintenance etc?

Thanks!
BMW 3.0si Coupe

darich

E86 3.0si Coupe

Post by darich » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:27 am

Abbas wrote: ↑Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:04 am Thanks mate!

Yes, the inner voice in me sometimes says β€œgo on, stretch to an M!” But overall I think I don’t want something too highly strung, or expensive to maintain and service. Most people who’ve seen me sell my s2000 expect me to get into something on-par in terms of engine or above but I actually just want something relatively stress free I can drive everyday, but still with a little bit of drama and excitement (and comfort)!

I’ve been told by a few people the si is abit more agreeable to daily, so it would be good to know your experience with an MC, in terms of ride comfort, servicing, engine maintenance etc?

Thanks!
I'm sure I read on this forum somewhere that some consider the 3.0Si a better value car than the M because it's 80% of the performance and only 50% of the costs.
I have the 3.0Si but never had and M so no personal experience.
Instagram - Zed4Coupe