Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Road Hero Spacesaver wheel kit

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
tonyg

Post by tonyg » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:00 pm

Curious to know if anyone has bought one of these kits? I have a 2015 E89 2.0 with 19 inch wheels and(if I remember 17 inch winter wheels, just fitted those yesterday!) Has anyone any experience with this and know that it fits properly and that the supplied jack can fit under the car ok. I’m sure there are other cheaper versions out there so would welcome any other recommendation.
Thanks, Tony

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:28 am

I don't know anything about them, but they look pretty expensive. :o

When I was thinking of fitting non-runflats to my previous E86 I bought an unused 17" BMW space-saver from an E46 330i/330d on here for £100 and got an E46 jack that fits the BMW jacking points from Quarry Motors for £19.99. (I already had a breaker bar for removal and a torque wrench for fitting.)

But I never made the tyre swap so I sold the space-saver after I sold the car and got my money back thankfully.

Then I got my MC and ended up buying an OE Style 224 front wheel for £60 and getting a new Kumho tyre fitted for £105 because I was going on a 3 day Welsh driving trip and didn't want a tyre/wheel issue to spoil the fun and I've left it in the boot for another 3 road trips without needing it. :)

While it means boot space is "limited" at least fitting the spare wouldn't mean 50mph for up to 200 miles when I might be 400 miles from home!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:28 pm

thewheelshop.co.uk/product-category/space-saver-wheels/bmw/bmw-z4/

Had my space saver several years in boot....never needed to use it.

tonyg

Post by tonyg » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:52 pm

flybobbie wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:28 pm thewheelshop.co.uk/product-category/space-saver-wheels/bmw/bmw-z4/

Had my space saver several years in boot....never needed to use it.
Looks great. Can I ask
1. if the bag that the space saver is kept in can be securely fastened in some way in the boot, maybe some fixings?
2. Does the jack fit properly in the Z4 jacking points?

Thank you, Tony