Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Electric seat removal

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
colb

Electric seat removal

Post by colb » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:56 pm

First try calibrating the steering angle with a good code reader, also check out the wheel speed sensors in live data to see if they are all working. Take a further look at the brake pressure sensors on the master cylinder, you should be able to see them in live data on a good scanner. List the exact codes you are getting might lead us in the right direction for a cheap fix. Blanking out warning lights is certainly not the way to go, probably done by a previous owner who couldn't fathom out the cause.
Z Shed Cymru member
1999 1.8 Z3
2003 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville 650
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url

Gil1813

Electric seat removal

Post by Gil1813 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:03 pm

Well finally the seat is out, i eventually went down the same route as the video sent by colb, thanks colb.
Definitely wasn't the easiest of jobs made worse by the fact the seat was at the furthest back position, and my hands have taken a right battering.
So after getting the seat back and base removed I had access to the whole runners etc. The problem turned out to be the gearbox part that the motors driver runs into it was jammed solid, I had to cut the spindle that runs across from runner to runner then removed the gearbox part then push seat forward and remove.
Does anyone know if this is a part available anywhere??

Job took around 5-6 hrs all in, I just have the fun bit now of replacing the part and reassembling the seat and back in.

Then onto the next job sorting the yaw sensor and airbag faults.
Thanks everyone.
Attachments
1000017440.jpg
1000017440.jpg (4.88 KiB) Viewed 43 times