Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Littering

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Chippie

Littering

Post by Chippie » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:05 pm

What is wrong with the youth of today, I just witnessed a young chap, a passenger in a car collecting their order from the drive though window at McDonalds, wind his window down and launch an empty can out of the car and into the shrubs at the side, do these people even give any thought to what they are doing? This type of behaviour really boils my p!ss. I wonder what happens to the take away when they are finished, probably just opens the door and drop it on the car park floor. :headbang:
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by MikeyH » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:32 pm

Chavvy bar stewards :headbang:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:39 pm

What about the dog owners who carefully pick the turds up in a poly bag, then chuck the bag in the bushes?!
In that case it's better to do the old 'stick and flick'. At least it'll degrade that way.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Littering

Post by buzyg » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:35 pm

Well just to countermand your worries. We were in the middle of Dartmoor earlier today walking. :) Some one in the group dropped a wrapper by mistake, which the wind promptly carried away. :o No less than three people immediately set off in pursuit and captured it. :D :thumbsup:

Chippie

Littering

Post by Chippie » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:49 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:35 pm Well just to countermand your worries. We were in the middle of Dartmoor earlier today walking. :) Some one in the group dropped a wrapper by mistake, which the wind promptly carried away. :o No less than three people immediately set off in pursuit and captured it. :D :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
I remember as a youth walking for what seemed like miles with Black Jack sweet papers in my pocket until I found a bin to put them in 😁
Do they still make Black Jacks? And if so did they have to change the name to be socially acceptable? :rofl:
Last edited by Chippie on Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

BeeEmm

Littering

Post by BeeEmm » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:21 pm

Chippie wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:05 pm What is wrong with the youth of today, I just witnessed a young chap, a passenger in a car collecting their order from the drive though window at McDonalds, wind his window down and launch an empty can out of the car and into the shrubs at the side, do these people even give any thought to what they are doing? This type of behaviour really boils my p!ss. I wonder what happens to the take away when they are finished, probably just opens the door and drop it on the car park floor.
I remember in the 1960's young people throwing litter out of cars, they are probably in their sixties or seventies now and complaining about young chaps doing similar. Teenagers eh! who'd have 'em. :D
I used to have two boys and a girl. Now I have two Men and a Woman. :?

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by MikeyH » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:06 pm

I was turning right once in my MG Midget at a crossroads and suddenly some orange peel landed in my lap. Someone must have thrown it out their car window going past.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by sars » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:27 pm

The kids that do that, are taught that it's okay to do it by their parents, who were most likely taught by their parents and on it goes. Take fly tipping, that's not done by teenagers is it, but it is exactly the same mind set.
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:32 pm

sars wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:27 pm The kids that do that, are taught that it's okay to do it by their parents, who were most likely taught by their parents and on it goes. Take fly tipping, that's not done by teenagers is it, but it is exactly the same mind set.
Nowt wrong with fly tipping. Only last week I gave a bluebottle a fiver :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by Nictrix » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:22 am

It's not just the youth of today who litter, every generation does it.
You only have to look at motorway sliproads and the amount of garbage that is thrown from vehicles as they are slowing down after a motorway journey that it's not just youths and its not just recently either. I think I have heard truck drivers are a main culprit but don't quote me on that.
Part of my job years ago was litter picking and I can't stand the lazy bastards who can't wait and put stuff in a bin.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

TOMGREEN413

Littering

Post by TOMGREEN413 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:40 am

Chippie wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:49 pm
buzyg wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:35 pm Well just to countermand your worries. We were in the middle of Dartmoor earlier today walking. :) Some one in the group dropped a wrapper by mistake, which the wind promptly carried away. :o No less than three people immediately set off in pursuit and captured it. :D :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
I remember as a youth walking for what seemed like miles with Black Jack sweet papers in my pocket until I found a bin to put them in 😁
Do they still make Black Jacks? And if so did they have to change the name to be socially acceptable? :rofl:
Screenshot_20231209-233809_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231209-233809_Samsung Internet.jpg (89.27 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Thankfully without the Golliwog pictures on the wrapping paper anymore!!!!! :(
White e89 Red leather interior (But that's the wife's and don't I know it :/ )
Montego Blue Coupe manual si sport 💙 (Faster than the above....much faster :)

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by TitanTim » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:58 am

Used to really annoy me on my old works multi storey car park the lower levels of which were for the public. I used to come onto car park at 6.30am each morning and you would see dotted about the empty bays left over Macdonalds, fish and chips, take aways etc where people have opened their car door and just left the remnants. I did recommend to the Local Council to put bins on each floor level but they said the floors are cleaned each day regardless.

People of just filthy pigs 🐖 at times, mentality is people don't care as they know it will get cleaned up after them.

Tim.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by MikeyH » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 am

Place I used to walk my dog, groups of youngsters sat around drinking in the evenings and leaving their rubbish behind. On one morning walk a group of kids were throwing stones at the bottles, breaking them. I told them small kids and dogs walk here, they stopped. Amazing the reaction you get with German Shepard next to you. :thumbsup: :rofl:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Littering

Post by pvr » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm

sars wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:27 pm The kids that do that, are taught that it's okay to do it by their parents, who were most likely taught by their parents and on it goes. Take fly tipping, that's not done by teenagers is it, but it is exactly the same mind set.
C62248B1-9829-4DE0-A2D2-D94E28FFAAC1.jpeg
C62248B1-9829-4DE0-A2D2-D94E28FFAAC1.jpeg (286.29 KiB) Viewed 225 times
This is what I regularly get either in front or over my fence. Catching them makes no difference even when I have their plate so the council seems to think.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by Pondrew » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:05 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:32 pm Nowt wrong with fly tipping. Only last week I gave a bluebottle a fiver
:lol: :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!