Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Littering

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by Pondrew » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:06 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm This is what I regularly get either in front or over my fence. Catching them makes no difference even when I have their plate so the council seems to think.
That your driveway Paul? :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Bottom

Littering

Post by Bottom » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:28 pm

I live in the Highlands. After lockdown the local McD's reopened the drive through. Less than 40 minutes later there was a McD's bag full of empty crap dumped on the road down at our little loch, single track, private road too...

I wish they would stamp the registration number of the car on the bag at the drive through, then there would be some chance of comeback against the manky hoaching scumbags

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by MikeyH » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:31 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm
sars wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:27 pm The kids that do that, are taught that it's okay to do it by their parents, who were most likely taught by their parents and on it goes. Take fly tipping, that's not done by teenagers is it, but it is exactly the same mind set.
C62248B1-9829-4DE0-A2D2-D94E28FFAAC1.jpeg

This is what I regularly get either in front or over my fence. Catching them makes no difference even when I have their plate so the council seems to think.
Most or all of that would go to the council tip for god's sake. :headbang: Are they lazy or just very thick? :thumbsdown:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:42 pm

MikeyH wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:31 pm
pvr wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:02 pm
sars wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:27 pm The kids that do that, are taught that it's okay to do it by their parents, who were most likely taught by their parents and on it goes. Take fly tipping, that's not done by teenagers is it, but it is exactly the same mind set.
C62248B1-9829-4DE0-A2D2-D94E28FFAAC1.jpeg

This is what I regularly get either in front or over my fence. Catching them makes no difference even when I have their plate so the council seems to think.
Most or all of that would go to the council tip for god's sake. :headbang: Are they lazy or just very thick? :thumbsdown:
If you took it to our council tip you'd be told you can only have two of those, three of those, none of that and you'll have to pay for that one.
Oh and as you've arrived in a van (probably borrowed to shift everything) then you must be a trader and you can't come in. :headbang:
Half the reason fly tipping happens.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by MikeyH » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:06 pm

Yes, good point, ours don't take concrete, soil, tyres for free. I have a van and am allowed 10 trips per year, lucky it is registered to me and not my business. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

sars
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by sars » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:34 pm

pvr, The punishment for this should be severe, five years in prison say, so that they don't do it or the local tip is made free and unlimited for sole traders or small businesses
Gorgeous SFR Z4 M40i 8)
Gone 2017 Iridium SL400, 2015 435d xDrive Convertible, 2012 E350 CDi Convertible, 2010 DSB Z4 sdrive30i, 2008 Audi A4 Cabriolet, 2006 Phoenix Yellow Z4 2.5Si, 2003 Saab 9-3 Convertible

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by MikeyH » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:03 am

They stopped taking everything for free years ago here. I suppose if they still did it would put the local rates up, of course it’s us that have to pay to have fly tipping clearance so a lose, lose situation. I personally think it’s becoming a money making racket by the council. A few years ago they started charging for a fortnightly garden bin collection.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by TitanTim » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am

It's easy to blame Local Government for putting up this and that, just renewed my garden waste bin yearly collection fee which has gone up from £36 to £42.

It's central Government you have to point the finger at as they are limiting budgets to Councils and encouraging them to be more self financing through whatever schemes they can dream up to make money from the likes of you and me, Council Tax, car parking fees, waste disposal fees etc will all keep going up so long as their Central Government monies keeps being cut. Some Councils are better than others at generating money, others have simply gone bankrupt or run out of talent.

One of the reasons I was glad to leave Local Government as it was more and more being run like a private business which I never thought was a good thing.

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by Pondrew » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:35 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:42 pm If you took it to our council tip you'd be told you can only have two of those, three of those, none of that and you'll have to pay for that one.
Oh and as you've arrived in a van (probably borrowed to shift everything) then you must be a trader and you can't come in.
Half the reason fly tipping happens.
Exactly! I am sure the 'employees' at the tip (skip rats in old money) are told to be as difficult as possible to discourage us from going there.
I was informed that I had to pay £10 to dump an old fence panel as apparently timber with preservative in can't be recycled! I told them to sod off as my Council Tax bill of £3,000 a year more than covers me for a fence panel every 10 years!

I have been banned from two Council tips and am now working on a third. If it happens I will have no choice other than to either fly tip, or drown in junk. Neither are appealing but the latter is not going to happen.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by Pondrew » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:40 pm

TitanTim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am just renewed my garden waste bin yearly collection fee which has gone up from £36 to £42.
We can't get one! There is a 'waiting list' apparently. In the meantime, I am not supposed to put leaves out in bags in the general rubbish, as they won't take them!
The complete irony with this is that 99% of the leaves in our garden and driveway are from the Council's trees on the verge. You couldn't make it up.
I am NOT driving to the tip (while I can until I get a ban) to dump the Council's 'rubbish' at the Council's tip and pay £3,000 aa year in Council tax for the privilege! :x

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:42 pm

Pondrew wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:40 pm
TitanTim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:50 am just renewed my garden waste bin yearly collection fee which has gone up from £36 to £42.
We can't get one! There is a 'waiting list' apparently. In the meantime, I am not supposed to put leaves out in bags in the general rubbish, as they won't take them!
The complete irony with this is that 99% of the leaves in our garden and driveway are from the Council's trees on the verge. You couldn't make it up.
I am NOT driving to the tip (while I can until I get a ban) to dump the Council's 'rubbish' at the Council's tip and pay £3,000 aa year in Council tax for the privilege! :x
Try piling all the leaves up and burning them, whilst adding all your waste engine oil and maybe a few plastic bottles too.
That will get the council's attention. :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

brillomaster

Littering

Post by brillomaster » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:59 pm

to be honest, fly tipping i have some sympathy for. the council don't take the regular bins often enough, and then there are so many restrictions about what you can and cannot take to a tip that i can see why people fly tip. ideally, right outside a council office under the cover of darkness :evil:

however, littering is just sheer laziness and selfishness, and a complete lack of care. honestly, if i saw one of my friends just hoy a maccy d's drink out of a window i'd smack them.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by TitanTim » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:06 pm

brillomaster wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:59 pm to be honest, fly tipping i have some sympathy for. the council don't take the regular bins often enough, and then there are so many restrictions about what you can and cannot take to a tip that i can see why people fly tip. ideally, right outside a council office under the cover of darkness :evil:

however, littering is just sheer laziness and selfishness, and a complete lack of care. honestly, if i saw one of my friends just hoy a maccy d's drink out of a window i'd smack them.
Ironically it's the Local Council who have to clear up fly tipping mess at great expense, so in reality it's honest people paying to dispose of their waste legitimately who will most likely be paying for it or you or me through our Council Tax.

Tim.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by TitanTim » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:12 pm

Pondrew wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:40 pm
What annoys me is I found out recently that someone local to me rang my local council to complain they had seen their neighbour bag up their garden waste and put it in with their general household waste and it was taken away by the bin men which it shouldn't have been. The Council admitted they do take garden waste with regular household waste and advised to do the same. So I ask myself why am I paying a fee to the same council for my garden waste to be disposed of :headbang:

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Littering

Post by Pondrew » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:36 pm

TitanTim wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:12 pm The Council admitted they do take garden waste with regular household waste and advised to do the same.
Not here! My wife hides the leaves under general rubbish so they don't suspect. Ridiculous, isn't it? :?

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold