Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

This is EXACTLY why I hate car dealers!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:49 pm

Is BMW service in general dropping?

I recently discovered an issue of no longer being able to pre set a temperature at which the heated seats and steering wheel activates automatically. (A minor issue but annoying)

Have emailed my local dealership, no reply other than an auto message thanking me for my enquiry. Then emailed BMW UK via the website and the App and again, automated email thanking me for my enquiries.

So each have received the enquiry but after 2 weeks still awaiting any response. A formal complaint may be required about lack of service. Most likely just get an automated response but we will see.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:09 pm

Nanu, had your connected drive package came to an end? Mine did and I did not renew, just wondering if this is one of the features lost.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 pm

Always good to have a genius on board :P
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 pm

pvr wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 pm Always good to have a genius on board
They pay his wages now, so he is the official 'BMW guy' of the forum!

I bet Peter is put out! :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:41 pm

So yesterday called another car dealer (not a franchised Audrey one) regarding a very expensive 2021 A4 avant. He was pleasant and said the car was a really good one. Within a few minutes found that it had no service history (each year or 10k miles remember from VAG policies) and two of the wheels need a refurb! "Don't worry, though, we can get those done for you". My reaction was "why haven't you got them done before now, then you wouldn't even need to mention them". His reply was "cos most people don't notice".

He called me 7 times today to see if I was ready to place a deposit. Didn't answer after the first one!

I have given up for now. I hate buying cars!
It's me isn't it? :(
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:09 am

Pondrew wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:41 pm So yesterday called another car dealer (not a franchised Audrey one) regarding a very expensive 2021 A4 avant. He was pleasant and said the car was a really good one. Within a few minutes found that it had no service history (each year or 10k miles remember from VAG policies) and two of the wheels need a refurb! "Don't worry, though, we can get those done for you". My reaction was "why haven't you got them done before now, then you wouldn't even need to mention them". His reply was "cos most people don't notice".

He called me 7 times today to see if I was ready to place a deposit. Didn't answer after the first one!

Yes, buy and keep it :roll: :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:14 am

Pondrew wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:41 pm So yesterday called another car dealer (not a franchised Audrey one) regarding a very expensive 2021 A4 avant. He was pleasant and said the car was a really good one. Within a few minutes found that it had no service history (each year or 10k miles remember from VAG policies) and two of the wheels need a refurb! "Don't worry, though, we can get those done for you". My reaction was "why haven't you got them done before now, then you wouldn't even need to mention them". His reply was "cos most people don't notice".

Why didn't you just tell him you were not interested and save having to ignore his calls?
On the wheels not being fixed before advertising I have heard that a lot of garages don't do anything to the cars until they have a buyer. It saves them spending money on something that could sit for weeks/months making them nothing.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

coldel

Post by coldel » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:14 am

Stop trying to buy these bloody Audis! :rofl:
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:51 am

Pondrew wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:34 pm
pvr wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:10 pm Always good to have a genius on board
They pay his wages now, so he is the official 'BMW guy' of the forum!

I bet Peter is put out! :lol:
I doubt it lol.

I have now progressed to level 2, more training at the Innovation centre in March. :D

Image Image

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:56 am

We refurb the alloys that need doing as part of the prep, mechanical/bodywork/valet. If doing a video and the car had not yet been prepped I would point this out. However this depends on the age/value of the car and the extent of the damage so some older cars especially may have minor damage that is not repaired, again this would be pointed out.

The wheels needing a refurb should not be an issue, the complete lack of service history obviously is.

Image Image

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:59 am

However, a previous owner who managed to damage two wheels and even if a complete accident, didn’t care enough to fix? I could not drive around in a car with damaged wheels unless it was a lease car.

Why would somebody buy a new car without a service pack. The last ones I bought, the service packs were really cheap, like £350 for 5 years.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:28 pm

pvr wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:59 am Why would somebody buy a new car without a service pack.
The car in question was a lease (for 2 years). It can be cheaper to pay the fine from the lease company than getting servicing done. Of course that doesn't help the car going forward, as you can't get that/those service back.

Happens a lot from what I've seen, especially with low mileage cars.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:09 pm

My local Benz dealer back in the late 90s up to 2003 were fantastic and always went the extra mile to satisfy. My BMW Tamworth where I have my car serviced are quite good to be honest.

Now BMW Derby where a I purchased my last car were the biggest load of incompetent tossers I have ever encountered. There were numerous cock ups but the biggest one was when I went to pick my three month old car up it was the wrong car. Say no more :rofl:
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:21 pm

When I collected a brand new Vauxhall Corsa VXR way back in 2008, salesman pulled it from around the back of the showroom and I spotted immediately the front bumper was unclipped from the wing. He pushed it back in saying it was fine. It wasn't until I got home realised the underside of the bumper was cracked :cry: so into the bodyshop it went.

Fast forward a few months the paint on both mirror housings started crazing and cracking so a pair of mirrors were ordered. 6 weeks later two drivers side mirrors arrived :headbang: Another 6 weeks wait for the passenger mirror. The dealer has since closed down :)

Tim.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Hilly30si wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:09 pm There were numerous cock ups but the biggest one was when I went to pick my three month old car up it was the wrong car. Say no more
That reminds me of a company car I ordered in 1990 (last car I had that I didn't pay for).
I ordered a Sierra Sapphire 2.0 LX in white. I got a call (actually probably a pager) from the office saying my new car had arrived and was waiting outside.
I pulled up and saw a powder blue Sierra hatchback 1.6 L sitting outside. I went in and asked where my car was? "Outside", was the response.

I didn't even get the keys, as I rejected it on the spot. My car came about three days later, thank God. I was 22 years old; it was a big deal to me! :)

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold