Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear adjustable camber arms

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Iain2152

Post by Iain2152 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:17 pm

Hello has anyone had problems with the locking nuts on these arms coming loose, I fitted a pair of these about 6 months ago and on inspection 2 or the lock nuts had loosened enough for camber to change.will readjust and apply thread lock also was thinking about tacking a weld on the nuts to prevent them slackening

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:40 pm

Iain2152 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:17 pm Hello has anyone had problems with the locking nuts on these arms coming loose, I fitted a pair of these about 6 months ago and on inspection 2 or the lock nuts had loosened enough for camber to change.will readjust and apply thread lock also was thinking about tacking a weld on the nuts to prevent them slackening
I would have thought a bit of thread lock of varying strengths…screw strength, bolt , bearing versions.. :thumbsup:

On my E89 which has essentially the same rear suspension as the E85 I don’t have that issue with my adjustable camber arms..

What make are you using ?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Iain2152

Post by Iain2152 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:55 pm

Not sure what make as they came with the car but when I was fitting them did not have a lot of confidence in the locking nuts will apply thread lock and keep an eye on it the worrying thing is I had the car out today didn't notice any thing when driving only when I got home noticed excessive negative camber on one of the wheels and lock nuts backed off

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm

Or for even more peace of mind: wire locking
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

BumpyZ4

Post by BumpyZ4 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:55 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm Or for even more peace of mind: wire locking
From a fellow Aircraft Maintenance Technician I couldn't agree more!
2003 E85 3.0i Sterling Gray
KLR 650
Diva Roadster (Kit Car)