Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Nespresso Vertuo machine / pods.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
IRD

Post by IRD » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:00 pm

N4LLY wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:21 pm
IRD wrote: ↑Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:22 pm

Thanks for that info. Will give them a try. πŸ‘
In the instructions: For the Vertuo pod's, snip between every other puncture hole (Small nail scissor's).

Have been 100 % perfect, no failure's. Am sure you will be impressed.

8)
[/quote]
They are due to arrive from Amazon some time today. I will let you know how I get on. πŸ‘

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:49 pm

N4LLY wrote: ↑Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:57 pm A few month's ago i purchased a Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine.

I came with a variaty pack of coffee pod's. I then started looking for different coffee's to try.
Was then i discovered that Nespresso have a monopoly / patent and there are no 3rd party suppliers :x

They are expensive at Ca. 0.92p ish a POD :o

More research and discovered these. Recycling at the same time, a win, win !

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reusable-Compa ... tem_t&th=1

Very much enjoying my current favourite Lavazza coffee's and saving a small fortune. 6 x 250g vacum packs at Β£ 19.29 delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lavazza-Aromat ... 0_4_t&th=1

Any other tip's for for these type of POD's ?

20231231_155227.jpg

8)
Tried the first reusable pod today as per your recommendation. Apart from removing the foil covers on the used Nespresso pods which were reluctant to come off! It all worked well. I went with your recommendation for Lavazza coffee and enjoyed that too. Many thanks.πŸ‘πŸ‘

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:50 pm

IRD wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:49 pm
Tried the first reusable pod today as per your recommendation. Apart from removing the foil covers on the used Nespresso pods which were reluctant to come off! It all worked well. I went with your recommendation for Lavazza coffee and enjoyed that too. Many thanks.πŸ‘πŸ‘
[/quote]

Most excellent ! :thumbsup:

I got 5 clean POD's with the foil lids clean off. More than enough for me as re-use over and over :wink:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

IRD

Post by IRD » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:00 pm

N4LLY wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:50 pm
IRD wrote: ↑Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:49 pm
Most excellent ! :thumbsup:

I got 5 clean POD's with the foil lids clean off. More than enough for me as re-use over and over :wink:
[/quote]
Did you buy the empty pods as an extra?
Although I struggled a bit I did manage to remove most of the foil. The pod worked fine with the little bit remaining on the rim.

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:50 pm

Peeled off the foil lids from the uised ones. Bit fiddly to get the last bits off :wink:
Work's a treat.

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange