Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best / Original Wipers for Z4 Coupe 2008

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
firefoxchris

Post by firefoxchris » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:11 pm

Good afternoon all,

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year!

I'd like to replace the wipers on my Z4 Coupe but I'm wondering if anyone knows what they came with from the factory?

The last 2 sets ive had seems to be taller than I'd like as theyh have quite big blocks on top where the hook goes into them, I seem to remember having some that were much flatter.

I think these were the really bulky ones I had a while back..
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-ae ... -485778200

..and then I think it was these that didnt go properly curve to the edge as they are more universal..
https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-su ... -485771100

That 2nd set also havent lastest very long, I wonder if not using the car as much as done something to the flexibility of the rubber, they've started rubbing badly after a lot less miles than usual.

Maybe im overthinking this :rofl: but I'm sure the ones on it at around 40k miles were much nicer but that is a lonnnng time ago.

Thanks,

Chris

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:31 pm

Chris, I think the OE ones were like the ones in your 2nd link.

I've got Bosch Aeros like your first link on my car but the end of the passenger side blade does sit a bit proud of the screen. I may fit a shorter one on that side when I need new blades and see if that helps.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

axelleveau

Post by axelleveau » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:46 pm

If I recall I fitted Bosch Aeros 21" on both wipers on mine and as Mr Tidy had a fair bit of sticking out on the passenger side to I gently took appart the wiper blade and did the necessary modifications to shorten that end by about 20mm, worked a treat :thumbsup:
Gone - Ford Ka MK2 Petrol - Black
Will hang around to carry materials/people and in emergency - Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 Ecoboost - Black, white rally rims, white decals, remapped
Now - Z4 Coupe - Montego Blue: Here

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:54 pm

The original set I got was different lengths for passenger and driver side though
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:08 pm

I bought mine from wiper blades.co.uk I bought Bosch ones the passenger one was shorter and the drivers side had a blade on it. Yes I know they all have blades :rofl: this had one on top also. Can't find the receipt but will look tomorrow. :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:58 pm

When I bought my E46 325ti the first time I drove it in the rain the blades got tangled! Luckily the rain soon stopped so when I got home I looked at the invoice the previous owner gave me for a service and the garage had put too long a blade on the passenger side. :o

As it was December rain was always likely so I nipped round to the Tesco a mile away and bought one of the own-brand universal blades the right size and it worked just as well as any other blades I've bought, including Bosch. :)

The universal ones I bought in Poundland (IIRC they were made by Michelin) were also fine, just much cheaper!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:08 pm

Would be great if there was a site where you could just order OEM parts for BMW. Is there one? When I had a Honda, I just used www.coxmotorparts.co.uk for anything OEM I needed. Something like that for BMW would be super useful. Saying that though, all the OEM stuff Cox sold was Honda branded such as wipers, oil filters etc. Do BMW not make their own for their cars?
BMW 3.0si Coupe
IG: @abbas2kk

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:35 pm

I don't think BMW made wiper blades, they just used Bosch.

I use Sopers of Lincoln, Cotswold BMW or the Park Lane online store on Amazon for OE parts depending who is cheapest, but there are some parts you can get much cheaper elsewhere!

N52 water pumps spring to mind! They are made by Pierburg and have a BMW logo on them if you buy from BMW like my Indy did in 2015, so it cost over £500. :o

Next time I needed one he bought the same pump elsewhere with the logo ground off for £300 in 2018. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

firefoxchris

Post by firefoxchris » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:25 pm

Thanks for everyones input on this! I think maybe Bosch have redesigned their blades, im sure they dont look at flat, or I just imagined it!

I was in a motor spares shop today and I found some Quinton Hazel ones that are exactly what I was after. I forgot to save the box but I think its one of these sets: https://www.tetrosylexpress.com/bmw-z4- ... es-wipa-wi. I actually prefer these, a lot less going on, nice and flat design.

Seem good so far, weather at the moment certainly gives them a good test! :driving: