Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spacers with standard suspension

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
robertg1939

Post by robertg1939 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:52 pm

Abbas wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm
robertg1939 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:04 pm Thanks for these mate, they're really helpful. Those wheels look awesome btw. I upgraded my piddly 16's to 18" MV2's but was looking for something like your's as they're easier to clean - couldn't find anything in my price range though.

Totally agree, the front is fine but the rear arch gap is a bit too big. Just checked mine and i have roughly 60mm rear and 40mm front. May try to find 20mm lowering springs for the rear, replace the front springs with suplex stock and add the spacers. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea please let me know...

I'm in the process of replacing all 4 shocks and springs hence all the questions - just want to make sure i'm getting the right and all your responses have been great, thanks. I'm new to the forum and wasn't expecting such comprehensive and quick responses so thank you all.

Just a note on changing to 19's, i reckon you're right staying on 18's. The guy i bought my MV2's from had upgraded to 19's hence the reason he was selling. The car looked awesome but he said the ride was super harsh on m sport springs, so much so thathis mrs would only be a passenger if she could sit on a cushion...
That's a decent arch gap! I think it also depends on if you have sports suspension or not. 've got some Eibach lowering springs. I think between them and H&R, Eibach isn't as firm so I went with with those. I think I'm going to just go for it, seen as they're just lying around and doing nothing at the moment. It says around 30mm drop but that's with a stock suspension and I'm on a sports one, so in reality it should be about a 15mm drop apparently. A few on this forum have them fitted which is why I went for it. I'll eventually fit coilovers later if I like the ride height. I'll let you know how I get on if you like! Fitting next week.
After much deliberation i've decided the same, ordered the pro kit yesterday. If the rides oo firm i can always sit on a cushion

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:38 pm

robertg1939 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:52 pm
Abbas wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:24 pm
robertg1939 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:04 pm Thanks for these mate, they're really helpful. Those wheels look awesome btw. I upgraded my piddly 16's to 18" MV2's but was looking for something like your's as they're easier to clean - couldn't find anything in my price range though.

Totally agree, the front is fine but the rear arch gap is a bit too big. Just checked mine and i have roughly 60mm rear and 40mm front. May try to find 20mm lowering springs for the rear, replace the front springs with suplex stock and add the spacers. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea please let me know...

I'm in the process of replacing all 4 shocks and springs hence all the questions - just want to make sure i'm getting the right and all your responses have been great, thanks. I'm new to the forum and wasn't expecting such comprehensive and quick responses so thank you all.

Just a note on changing to 19's, i reckon you're right staying on 18's. The guy i bought my MV2's from had upgraded to 19's hence the reason he was selling. The car looked awesome but he said the ride was super harsh on m sport springs, so much so thathis mrs would only be a passenger if she could sit on a cushion...
That's a decent arch gap! I think it also depends on if you have sports suspension or not. 've got some Eibach lowering springs. I think between them and H&R, Eibach isn't as firm so I went with with those. I think I'm going to just go for it, seen as they're just lying around and doing nothing at the moment. It says around 30mm drop but that's with a stock suspension and I'm on a sports one, so in reality it should be about a 15mm drop apparently. A few on this forum have them fitted which is why I went for it. I'll eventually fit coilovers later if I like the ride height. I'll let you know how I get on if you like! Fitting next week.
After much deliberation i've decided the same, ordered the pro kit yesterday. If the rides oo firm i can always sit on a cushion
Just had the Eibach's fitted . Felt absolutely fine on drive home, no less comfortable. And is ok on average speed bumps so happy days really. I'm sure it's more likely to bottom out and hit the wheel arches abit on wonky b roads when giving it the beans but that just is what it is. Looks much better :)
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.38.26.png
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.38.26.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 97 times
BMW 3.0si Coupe
IG: @abbas2kk

robertg1939

Post by robertg1939 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:29 pm

Thanks for the pic. Have to admit that looks loads better than the last pics you sent - especially the rear end (no pun intended) My eibachs and b4’s arrived yesterday, ho

robertg1939

Post by robertg1939 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:31 pm

…pefully I’ll get them on this weekend. I’d do before and after pics but my wheels need a proper good refurb