Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

First pics of our lovely new Estoril E89

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:32 am

Pondrew wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:19 am Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:03 am
At least you can return this one if it isn't as described, but I hope it is.

True. It is a little tatty, but what can you expect for £14,000 these days?
It does need a few (?!) cosmetic refurbishments to bring it up to scratch (no pun intended). You will be pleased to know Iain it has 'wood' though!

It was the best (read ONLY) petrol manual 3 series estate I could find with less than a million miles on it.
Mine cost less than £3,500 nearly 5 years ago, but didn't become a Cat N until last year! Since then WBAC value it at around £850.

It does have wood, but firebobby (Fred) is the real wood fanatic on here. :lol:

I wood( :lol: ) have preferred a Touring, but like you I struggled to find manual petrol ones so the saloon was the compromise because it had the split/fold rear seat option. And I liked the Bi-Xenons and electric glass sunroof too. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 am

Reamesy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:26 am Is it not worth having forum rules amended, so you must have been a member for a given period of time and also contributed in a way that is acceptable? There are far too many 'new members' joining just to sell a car. "Hi I'm new here and selling a great car".

Just a thought to protect genuine members that want to uphold the ethos of the forum. An experience shared is a learning opportunity for others.

Just an idea.
I'm sure it has been discussed before, but IIRC the general consensus was that letting people advertise might help forum members looking for cars.

But if I was looking for one I'd certainly take into account how long the advertiser had been on, or contributed to, the forum. :wink:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Reamesy

Post by Reamesy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:36 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 am
Reamesy wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:26 am Is it not worth having forum rules amended, so you must have been a member for a given period of time and also contributed in a way that is acceptable? There are far too many 'new members' joining just to sell a car. "Hi I'm new here and selling a great car".

Just a thought to protect genuine members that want to uphold the ethos of the forum. An experience shared is a learning opportunity for others.

Just an idea.
I'm sure it has been discussed before, but IIRC the general consensus was that letting people advertise might help forum members looking for cars.

But if I was looking for one I'd certainly take into account how long the advertiser had been on, or contributed to, the forum. :wink:
That’s a fair point. 👍
Currently; 2011 E89 23i SDrive M Sport Highline Titan Silver
Previously;
2014 SLK250CDI AMG Sport
2012 E89 SDrive 2.0 M Sport. White
2011 Audi TT Quattro
2006 Z4 2.5 Sport
2013 420D coupe
2002 Z3 2.2 Sport
1996 Z3 1.9

tiglon

Post by tiglon » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:39 am

Pondrew wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:49 pm
Zed Baron wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:04 pm maybe an opportunity to fit some of those Chinese new rear smoked lights
Not really my thing TBH. My wife was not at all impressed with the 'chavvy' Type R (so much so she refused to go in it), I don't think anything 'smoked' would fill her with enthusiasm. :D
Erm, don't tell her they're smoked?

"Factory recall, dear. Far safer, apparently. Safety first. Shall I make dinner tonight?"
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

BeardyJon

Post by BeardyJon » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:29 am

Just an idea.

I think there's clear value in limiting newbies' ability to sell stuff on here. Reducing the likelihood of people scamming like this is one, but also I would expect a forum of car enthusiasts to be selling well-cared-for, quality vehicles, and having a limit on newbies selling on here would help towards guaranteeing that and creating that reputation. So if there's a vote, mine's for that.
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:31 am

Just an idea.
It would help buyers :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:40 am

Just looked at the advert and he is a member since 2020. :thumbsdown:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 am

BeardyJon wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:29 am

Just an idea.

I think there's clear value in limiting newbies' ability to sell stuff on here. Reducing the likelihood of people scamming like this is one, but also I would expect a forum of car enthusiasts to be selling well-cared-for, quality vehicles, and having a limit on newbies selling on here would help towards guaranteeing that and creating that reputation. So if there's a vote, mine's for that.
That may limit the amount of cars put up for sale on the forum.
It isn't difficult to see how recently someone joined and whether they have been active at all.

Whilst not a foolproof solution, with the many members on the forum, dotted all around the place, would it not be possible to find a friendly member who would visit the car and do a little Whatsapp walk-round with the prospective buyer?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:05 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 am Whilst not a foolproof solution, with the many members on the forum, dotted all around the place, would it not be possible to find a friendly member who would visit the car and do a little Whatsapp walk-round with the prospective buyer?
Maybe a thread should be started for people to sign up as 'surrogate viewers' for others?
Many people on here are either retired, semi-retired or WFH (same thing :poke: :D ), so I am guessing there would be quite a good take up.
As you know, a member viewed my Z3 for me which was a great help.

I was only really interested in my car because it was advertised on here. I trust 'the forum', even though it had been advertised for a while on AT.
The car was also endorsed by another member which helped (although I don't hold him responsible in any way).
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:06 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:05 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 am Whilst not a foolproof solution, with the many members on the forum, dotted all around the place, would it not be possible to find a friendly member who would visit the car and do a little Whatsapp walk-round with the prospective buyer?
Maybe a thread should be started for people to sign up as 'surrogate viewers' for others?
Many people on here are either retired, semi-retired or WFH (same thing :poke: :D ), so I am guessing there would be quite a good take up.
As you know, a member viewed my Z3 for me which was a great help.

I was only really interested in my car because it was advertised on here. I trust 'the forum', even though it had been advertised for a while on AT.
The car was also endorsed by another member which helped (although I don't hold him responsible in any way).
Well mate, if next week's buy is anywhere near me I'm happy to take a look for you. :D

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:11 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:06 pm Well mate, if next week's buy is anywhere near me I'm happy to take a look for you.
Yeah if you're not on holiday again! :poke: :)

Nope...after the F31 that is it for a good while. I've had enough of buying cars.
I will have one to sell very shortly, but I can guarantee there will be no dishonesty towards any potential buyer from me. I couldn't sleep at night. :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Smallboatman

Post by Smallboatman » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:39 pm

Not me , still got mine !
Attachments
IMG_6587.jpeg
IMG_6587.jpeg (245.58 KiB) Viewed 185 times

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:42 pm

Smallboatman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:39 pm Not me , still got mine !
Very nice.
What speakers does it have?
Is it dry in the boot? :D

jock156

Post by jock156 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:42 pm

8) :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:31 pm

Smallboatman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:39 pm Not me , still got mine !
Estoril is a VERY pretty colour. I would clean ours but it's just too cold! :(

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold