Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD 2017 Mazda3 Sportnav hatch petrol. 42k miles. Excellent. Cheap car!

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

2017 Mazda3 Sportnav hatch petrol. 42k miles. Excellent. Cheap car!

Post by Pondrew » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:05 pm

Boyo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:04 pm
Pondrew wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:56 pm After me complaining to Motorway this morning, suddenly everything started moving.
I had an email from a logistics company., then a phone call and the car is due to be collected on Tuesday 13th.
I know you are going to post a thread in the lounge on your dealings with Motorway but I have decided I want to move my Up on asap and I hope you don't mind me asking a quick couple of questions. As the buying dealer has not physically viewed your car is there any recourse once the logistics company delivers the car to them. Also, will you be in receipt of cleared funds before you hand over your car to the carriers.
The logistics person does an evaluation of the car when they come to collect, just like when a lease car is returned. If they are happy it is as described the money is transferred immediately and the car is released once the funds are showing. If they have any issues with the car, they can reduce their offer accordingly whilst the collection person is there. This can be accepted or declined by me.
Once paid for and gone there is no come back on me, as it is a private sale from that perspective so I have no liability whatsoever.

Unless someone is trying to hide something, there is no reason why it shouldn't go smoothly and quickly once the collection person arrives TBH

I sold a car through Motorway a couple of years ago and that was very, very easy and I got very good money (but it was when car prices were rising by silly amounts). This time it seems a lot more involved, but that could mostly be down to the buying dealer not being as good TBH.

I will know more on Tuesday when it has been collected.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Boyo

2017 Mazda3 Sportnav hatch petrol. 42k miles. Excellent. Cheap car!

Post by Boyo » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:50 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:05 pm
Boyo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:04 pm
Pondrew wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:56 pm After me complaining to Motorway this morning, suddenly everything started moving.
I had an email from a logistics company., then a phone call and the car is due to be collected on Tuesday 13th.
I know you are going to post a thread in the lounge on your dealings with Motorway but I have decided I want to move my Up on asap and I hope you don't mind me asking a quick couple of questions. As the buying dealer has not physically viewed your car is there any recourse once the logistics company delivers the car to them. Also, will you be in receipt of cleared funds before you hand over your car to the carriers.
The logistics person does an evaluation of the car when they come to collect, just like when a lease car is returned. If they are happy it is as described the money is transferred immediately and the car is released once the funds are showing. If they have any issues with the car, they can reduce their offer accordingly whilst the collection person is there. This can be accepted or declined by me.
Once paid for and gone there is no come back on me, as it is a private sale from that perspective so I have no liability whatsoever.

Unless someone is trying to hide something, there is no reason why it shouldn't go smoothly and quickly once the collection person arrives TBH

I sold a car through Motorway a couple of years ago and that was very, very easy and I got very good money (but it was when car prices were rising by silly amounts). This time it seems a lot more involved, but that could mostly be down to the buying dealer not being as good TBH.

I will know more on Tuesday when it has been collected.
Thanks, much appreciated.
Current:
718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (PDK)

Previous:
G29 M40i - Thundernight
718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Manual)
987 Boxster 2.7
E89 2.0i M Sport (Auto)
E89 2.0i M Sport (Manual)
718 Cayman GTS 2.5
E89 35is
E85 M Roadster