Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Local Authority Recycling Centres (used to be tips)

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:46 pm

pvr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:44 pm You are too old anyway, they don't work over 55
Cheeky :D
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 pm

TitanTim wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:36 pm
Nanu wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:33 pm Put green waste in a bin liner and put it in the general waste bin. Its free that way :D
But that gets my goat though :evil: as I pay a fee for the privelage.

This was picked up on one of the my local community website group chats where someone had seen their neighbour bag their green waste up and put it in with normal household waste and it was duly collected by the bin men, no questions asked. The person then called the Council to question this and they said yes if you put green/garden waste in with household it will get taken away.

So the point of me paying a fee is?

I will contacting my local Borough Councillor to raise it with the Council as it's plainly a farce if no checking is carried out. The only checks that are carried out is with the Green Waste bins that are put out that the homeowner has paid the yearly subscription fee which is confirmed by a sticker on the bin.

Tim.
We have a container inside our recycle bin for newspapers. I have seen our bin men on more than one occasion when taking the recycle bin away, if there is room, just tip the newspapers into the rest of the recycle stuff, so what is the point?

A lot of the stuff that's put into the recycle bin ends up being rejected and sent to landfill in some foreign country anyway.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:52 pm

pvr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:32 pm
Pondrew wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:15 pm
pvr wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:14 pm And in their spare time they can collect the £69k by "working" for the train companies
Train drivers work very hard four days a week, sitting looking out of a window for their £65k basic. I think they deserve a huge pay increase! :wink:
Agreed. All that training as well, green button to go, red button to stop. But if you forget the red button, don't worry, we will stop it for you.
Don't forget that they wave at the train driver going in the opposite direction, optional of course and depending if they are on overtime or not
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:59 pm

Pondrew, You been to the Tip yet with the new 320 work horse ? :wink: 8)

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:22 pm

N4LLY wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:59 pm Pondrew, You been to the Tip yet with the new 320 work horse ? :wink: 8)
No mate, I'm a bit worried they might keep it and crush it. :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:32 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:22 pm
No mate, I'm a bit worried they might keep it and crush it. :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: :rofl:

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:32 pm

Nanu wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 pm We have a container inside our recycle bin for newspapers. I have seen our bin men on more than one occasion when taking the recycle bin away, if there is room, just tip the newspapers into the rest of the recycle stuff, so what is the point?

A lot of the stuff that's put into the recycle bin ends up being rejected and sent to landfill in some foreign country anyway.
That seems to sum up how random recycling is in different places.

Where I lived before it all went in the same bin, paper, cans, plastic containers, foil, etc. but they wouldn't take glass so I had to take it to the Tesco containers when I was buying the replacements!

But where I live now even the glass goes in with everything else which is much easier. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black