Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Any experience with Zed Shed?

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

skmattwell wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:19 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:43 pm Question is, why are you still wanting to use someone who clearly doesn’t want your business? If this is what he is like BEFORE starting any work, how do you think hw will be during and afterwards, should there be a problem?
Because he's the only person who does hydraulic steering conversions to my knowledge. Will try again tomorrow and give up, looks like all the parts will be up for sale soon :cry:
I didn't think it was anything too difficult to do?
Didn't bigwinn express an interest in doing one at some point? Maybe he'd do yours?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

R17SKO

Post by R17SKO » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:24 pm

I’ve been to the Zed Shed twice now (including today), and can not recommend Mike high enough! The service he provided was top notch, he talked to me like a friend and I could not be happier with the service provided. He even checked some work I had don’t myself on the car at no extra cost.
I traveled an hour to get there and will continue to do so, good honest tradespeople are hard to find and he’s superb.
2007 Silver grey E86 Sport

Sidewaze Samm

Post by Sidewaze Samm » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:43 pm Question is, why are you still wanting to use someone who clearly doesn’t want your business? If this is what he is like BEFORE starting any work, how do you think hw will be during and afterwards, should there be a problem?
Because he's the only person who does hydraulic steering conversions to my knowledge. Will try again tomorrow and give up, looks like all the parts will be up for sale soon :cry:
How have you been chasing him? Telephone? Email? Facebook?
As commented in a post above, Mike is also someone who is very busy and not the best at communication - it can take me several attempts to get a response (and my number's in his phone...)
2008 E85 3.0si
Space Grey, Dream Red New England heated Msports.
Xenons, MFSW, cruise, PDC, wind deflector.
ZHP, stubby, gloss black grilles, DLV box, gaptech, no CDV.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:42 pm

If only someone could invent something that allows you to leave a message. Then the person could check their messages and call you back. 🙄
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Mister T

Post by Mister T » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:56 pm

I would have suggested Slide Motorsport, but they're probably a bit far away https://www.slidemotorsport.co.uk/

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:04 pm

raymond.harper wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:00 pm There is another Zed Shed in Basingstoke that may be able to help
Joycey on here. Don’t know if he does hydraulic conversions, but he works on all types of Z3 and Z4.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

chapeau

Post by chapeau » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:38 pm

I've used Mike a lot of times on my Z4. I'll agree he can sometimes be difficult to get hold of but i can't fault his work or his knowledge once you're there. I personally think like all mechanics it comes down to preferring working on the cars rather than his admin.
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

skmattwell

Post by skmattwell » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:19 am

Sidewaze Samm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 pm
How have you been chasing him? Telephone? Email? Facebook?
As commented in a post above, Mike is also someone who is very busy and not the best at communication - it can take me several attempts to get a response (and my number's in his phone...)
Litterally all of the above along with Whatsapp since December. I think it's beyond the point where he's just been too busy to check his messages and he's actively avoid me :tumbleweed:

Anyway thanks for all the suggestions, have read out to the Basingstoke zed shed on Facebook, hopefully they might lend a hand

MonsterZ4

Post by MonsterZ4 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:05 am

I used Zed shed for the first time last week. I bought a front bumper, two doors, two wings and two side skirts for a great price. He opened on the Saturday for me as I couldn’t collect during the week.
I initially made contact via WhatsApp. I have heard he is extremely busy, but I managed to converse with no issue.

obewan

Post by obewan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:55 am

A mate of mine used Mike a few years ago and had nothing but praise for the service he received.
He's gone to the dark side now (Merc) but is still getting the odd mailshot from him. I'm pretty sure he said Mike was in the process of setting up a mobile unit.
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:20 am

Well, he moved a long way from the days of running his corner shop :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo