Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Full Krown rust treatment done

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Secondtothird

Post by Secondtothird » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 am

Just thought I'd pop a message up to say I'd very much recommend Rob at the Krown HQ at Tipton if you were thinking of getting your car treated for rust prevention.

I've been coming here for years with my Hilux and wanted to protect the coupe with the same treatment. Rob is absolutely fastidious and ensures the treatment gets into every nook and cranny under and in the body, sub frame, wheel wells, panels, seams, trim, engine compartment, suspension, sills, it's the business.

Krown is Canadian, and they salt the hell out of their roads over there. The military uses it on their equipment. Unlike other types of rust prevention, it stays fluid and creeps, so it covers absolutely everywhere underneath, and can self-heal if scraped. It is also non-toxic.

Rob takes off your sill panels, wheel wells, wheels, any trim that needs removing and goes to work. It takes a few hours but you leave with absolute piece of mind you're protected, and it won't need a top up for a couple of years. Best bit? Less than £300.

Thankfully mine is in good shape underneath and despite being driven regularly isn't suffering, though it can't hurt to be belt and braces now our cars are getting on a bit. If you're wanting to treat your car properly and give it the best chance of a rust-free long life, it's worth considering in my opinion.
Rob has done loads of Z4s and knows where to look for nasty stuff.

Anyway, hope that helps someone.
Owen

Kenich

Post by Kenich » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:48 am

Great stuff. Do they remove the exhausts and heat shields etc?

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:25 am

Kenich wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:48 am Great stuff. Do they remove the exhausts and heat shields etc?
For £300? That would be worth it just to get your flange bolts drilled out and replaced :o
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:30 am

Zedebee wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:25 am
Kenich wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:48 am Great stuff. Do they remove the exhausts and heat shields etc?
For £300? That would be worth it just to get your flange bolts drilled out and replaced :o
I would sign up with my Scottish car :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:36 am

Secondtothird wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 am Just thought I'd pop a message up to say I'd very much recommend Rob at the Krown HQ at Tipton if you were thinking of getting your car treated for rust prevention.

I've been coming here for years with my Hilux and wanted to protect the coupe with the same treatment. Rob is absolutely fastidious and ensures the treatment gets into every nook and cranny under and in the body, sub frame, wheel wells, panels, seams, trim, engine compartment, suspension, sills, it's the business.

Krown is Canadian, and they salt the hell out of their roads over there. The military uses it on their equipment. Unlike other types of rust prevention, it stays fluid and creeps, so it covers absolutely everywhere underneath, and can self-heal if scraped. It is also non-toxic.

Rob takes off your sill panels, wheel wells, wheels, any trim that needs removing and goes to work. It takes a few hours but you leave with absolute piece of mind you're protected, and it won't need a top up for a couple of years. Best bit? Less than £300.

Thankfully mine is in good shape underneath and despite being driven regularly isn't suffering, though it can't hurt to be belt and braces now our cars are getting on a bit. If you're wanting to treat your car properly and give it the best chance of a rust-free long life, it's worth considering in my opinion.
Rob has done loads of Z4s and knows where to look for nasty stuff.

Anyway, hope that helps someone.
Owen
I had mine done here a few weeks ago too. Can’t fault the service, even had a little waiting room where you could have a cup of tea and chill out. Comes with a 2 year warranty too so it definitely gives peace of mind, and for a great price. Seems like a no brainer to me to get it done
Last edited by Abbas on Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BMW 3.0si Coupe
IG: @abbas2kk

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:38 am

For my car I would need a b&b, not a waiting room :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Kenich

Post by Kenich » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:00 pm

Zedebee wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:25 am
Exactly that. I had a quick look on their website, but got a bit overwhelmed as couldn't see quick info I needed.

What exactly are they doing underneath? Grinding out rust etc. Or just spraying a load of like Lanolin under etc?

Secondtothird

Post by Secondtothird » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:34 pm

He has a variety of different 360 degree sprays nozzles which fit in everywhere. He doesn't need to remove the exhaust and he's able to spray behind the heat shields in situ. He did say the Z4s don't tend to rust behind them as a rule, but he sprays behind them anyway.

Owen