Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

"M" Specific discussion
Ed Doe

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:34 am

Morning all,

Toying with the idea of selling my Evolve Eventuri Induction Kit. Fitted 2020, done maybe 4,000miles on the car, so VGC, with no marks on the carbon fibre.

Looking on T'internet, seems like new ones go for circa £850 these days; obviously I'm not expecting anything like that, is £550 about right second-hand with low mileage/use?

Thanks in advance !

Ed
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Simon 3.2M

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Simon 3.2M » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:51 am

Nope but £100 pounds does so I'll take it off your hands Mr D :)
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by flimper » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:53 am

I wouldn't want to be selling it any lower than that
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Ed Doe

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:31 pm

Simon 3.2M wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:51 am Nope but £100 pounds does so I'll take it off your hands Mr D :)
:lol: I'd love to be able to let it go to you for that but I need as much as possible out of it in order to procure the replacement :evil:
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:

1536Z4

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by 1536Z4 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:21 pm

Ed Doe wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:31 pm procure the replacement
Oooooooooohh that sounds interesting :scratchhead:
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

Ed Doe

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:38 pm

It's not that interesting really, I've a desperate hankering for a Carbon airbox, but it's a big cost and really just post house move I should be being sensible and putting the money into savings and/or towards trackdays/ring trip booked for this year! But I'm trying to convince myself it wont work out that bad, if I get half-decent moneys for the Eventuri!! lol

beanie

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by beanie » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:23 pm

Just get the airbox before they inevitably go up in price! In fact, not getting one now is costing you money :o

:evil:
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Ed Doe

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Ed Doe » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:28 pm

beanie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:23 pm Just get the airbox before they inevitably go up in price! In fact, not getting one now is costing you money :o

This is exactly the kind of positive support I need :lol:

Anyone want my eventuri then :rofl:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by buzyg » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:54 pm

Ed Doe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:28 pm
beanie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:23 pm Just get the airbox before they inevitably go up in price! In fact, not getting one now is costing you money :o

Your doing a better job of promoting the Air Box than the Eventuri. :wink:

beanie

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by beanie » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:13 pm

Glad to be of service :D
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Ed Doe

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:15 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:54 pm

Your doing a better job of promoting the Air Box than the Eventuri. :wink:
Let me qualify then; even the cheapest solution (Geoff steel) airbox is over twice the price of a new eventuri once you've factored in the various bits needed (iat sensor plus loom, clips etc) and the map to make it work. It's probably more like 3-4x the price of a second hand eventuri. The performance gains are minimal, (fairly sure Martyn on here proved that the eventuri plus cams gave very marginally more bhp than the airbox on his old e46 m3!). It's a difficult upgrade to justify in all seriousness, but the noise keeps tempting me!

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by tomscott » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:12 pm

TBH its such a cool mod but its not easily removable if eventually the car sells, the ones I have seen come up for sale with the mod havent sold for loads more to come close to covering the cost. The eventuri is loud anyway compared to stock but being a coupe you dont get the same experience as the roady from a noise perspective. Also I think ive only seen one that actually copies the M3 CSL, the Z4 I dont think has enough room for the snorkel to the air ram so a lot of the ones ive seen arent attached to anything inside

So not sure if the benefit is quite like the CSL as that is vented to the bottom hole in the bumper for the air ram effect. Add the cams etc the increase is minimal and the cost it high. But it is super cool.

One of those, 3-4k is a big investment, if its a forever then ye deffo but in general I would say its a hard sell. There was a guy on Facebook that had the same dilemma but with a higher milage M roady worth like 10-11k wanting to do the same. I cant help but think that spending 30-40% of its value on one mod is not worth it and I cant see it adding loads of value to the car.

Most buyers like standard cars, although it's cool I would still rather spend that extra difference on a lower milage car. There will be buyers but it's even more niche in an already niche market.

For me the Eventuri/GruppM is is a really good compromise.

A good example is that Z4MR thats for sale on the forum at the moment with a few nice mods. 94k and 10k and no bites thats crazy. It is needing a front bumper respray, wheels refurbing and bearings/mounts your easily over 2k before you get going.

What ive found with mine, paid 14.5k for it already in 5k and it needs bearings mounts and a suspension refresh, ideally a bit of paint and the wheels refurbing too so probably 25k into it and its probably worth 12k.

Tough at the mo.

Ed Doe

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Ed Doe » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:11 pm

All fair comments Tom, but my old nail is already quite modified and track oriented, and absolutely in no way an investment. I love it to bits and don't want to sell it, so to me this absolutely isn't a discussion about the value before/after. I've just been toying with the idea of the airbox and wanted to understand what I would likely recoup from the sale of the eventuri.
To be honest I'm still a bit unsure about what to do, I've just had an itch to get the airbox for a while!

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by mmm-five » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:07 pm

Supercharger :fuelfire:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4M Eventuri - WIW?

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:09 pm

mmm-five wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:07 pm Supercharger :fuelfire:
:lol: :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black