Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Vacuum Control, DISA, ICV and Vanos

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Joez4

Post by Joez4 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:14 pm

Don't think there is enough thread to get two nuts locked on, I think the way to do it going down that route is get the vanos lose and pulled up to the cross member and get a pair of vice grips on the stud and remove it, this will destroy the thread but it's the unused bit, think from memory it's only one stud at the bottom that the vanos doesn't clear,

I would personally get a pair of axle stands or ramps and get the car in the air as lifting the engine off the mount is so easy it doesn't have to go up much for it to clear and they will be a worthwhile purchase and come in handy for other jobs on the car
04 2.2i Sapphire Black Roadster

Andrew J

Post by Andrew J » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:15 pm

I'm in the middle of changing the disa valve and have hit a snag. I've removed the orange gasket in the slot but the x8r video doesn't show to do this. I e phoned them and no one from product development is in now. Anybody know whether this seal will not cause an air leak now?

Also, is it easier to refit the icv with the little hose out of the inlet manifold. It's playing all beggars and not going back on.
Z4 E89 28i Sapphire Black - gone
Z4 E85 3.0i Sapphire Black

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:29 am

That seal needed to stay in place, or be replaced if there was one in the X8R kit. They always used to include one?
For the icv, just a light spray of silicon lubricant on the metal pipe should help it slide into the hose.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Andrew J

Post by Andrew J » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:30 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:29 am That seal needed to stay in place, or be replaced if there was one in the X8R kit. They always used to include one?
For the icv, just a light spray of silicon lubricant on the metal pipe should help it slide into the hose.
Thanks for the reply enuff_zed. There was a seal with the kit which I put in its place. After posting I managaed to get the icv and the disa back on the car. When I put the disa back on it seemed a nice snug fit whereas when I took it off it didn't take much effort at all so I think the seal must be sealing. Silicon lubricant noted for future though :thumbsup:
Z4 E89 28i Sapphire Black - gone
Z4 E85 3.0i Sapphire Black