Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wish List

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
zxy

Wish List

Post by zxy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm

I wish that this forum was more oriented toward tours, trips to Europe, great roads, or whatever fun, satisfaction and enjoyment we have been having with our Z4s preferably with photos from the UK and everywhere else.
Currently there are a lot of posts regarding mods and beautification which are very informative and certainly useful but only part of the real reason for having a z4.
Personally I am also very envious of your ease of driving to and on the autobahn and the Alps. It has been too long since those memorable days for me.
Thanx
2 Corvettes 2 Porsches,2 Alfas, 2 BMWs

Marcoose

Wish List

Post by Marcoose » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:50 pm

I’m afraid I’m the bearer of bad news. This forum is devoid of fun. The grumpy police will be here shortly to confirm that. It’s easy to spot them; it says ‘lifer’ under their usernames. (This was a joke)

But if you want to hear about smashing NorCal journeys, just say the word. :thumbsup:
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

AnubisZed

Wish List

Post by AnubisZed » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:00 pm

I'm sure quite a few would join in, so why not start a thread and gain interest. You could be the one to organise it.
Don't take this the wrong way, but your profile states Newbie, although you've been here since the end of 2018 and you've only got 41 posts, so probably post more and write about it. Members will respond, they will join in, maybe it just takes that one member to start it off, so be that one!
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Wish List

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Marcoose wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:50 pm I’m afraid I’m the bearer of bad news. This forum is devoid of fun. The grumpy police will be here shortly to confirm that. It’s easy to spot them; it says ‘lifer’ under their usernames. (This was a joke)
Bah, bloody humbug!
It takes all sorts to keep the forum going.
I freely admit I get as much fun from fixing my zed ready for the next blast. Plus a huge amount of satisfaction from helping others fix theirs.
As I type this I am in the middle of a transatlantic steering motor removal by proxy as it happens.
Also, living in deepest, darkest Norfolk where our clocks are set back by 50 years, what are these 'autobahns' and 'Alps' of which you speak.
we have potholes and slight inclines. :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Wish List

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 pm

It probably doesn't help that there don't seem to be huge numbers of Z4 owners in the USA and they are spread across a massive area.

We have quite a few driving trips in the UK, even if I do have to go 220+miles North to join them!

But someone has to start things off, so as suggested why not you?
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Marcoose

Wish List

Post by Marcoose » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 pm It probably doesn't help that there don't seem to be huge numbers of Z4 owners in the USA...
In my latest explorations, I present the Krugmanian Scarcity Amplification Hypothesis (KSAH). It posits that scarcity, far from being a mere determinant of value, is in fact the very essence of economic vitality. According to KSAH, as resources become scarcer, their perceived value undergoes exponential amplification. Picture a world where air is a rare commodity; suddenly, every breath becomes a precious asset, driving up its market value to astronomical heights. In this paradigm, scarcity isn't just a factor, it's the conductor orchestrating the symphony of economic exchange, transforming the mundane into the miraculous. In other words, scarcity is inversely proportional to neck stretching and drooling.
--Marcoose
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

Roberltd2

Wish List

Post by Roberltd2 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:26 pm

:popcorn:
2007 E85 2.5 si Sport in Montego Blue.
1994 Eunos J2Ltd - sold and now undergoing restoration.
1963 Triumph Thunderbird.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Wish List

Post by Pondrew » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:36 pm

Marcoose wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 pm In my latest explorations, I present the Krugmanian Scarcity Amplification Hypothesis (KSAH). It posits that scarcity, far from being a mere determinant of value, is in fact the very essence of economic vitality. According to KSAH, as resources become scarcer, their perceived value undergoes exponential amplification. Picture a world where air is a rare commodity; suddenly, every breath becomes a precious asset, driving up its market value to astronomical heights. In this paradigm, scarcity isn't just a factor, it's the conductor orchestrating the symphony of economic exchange, transforming the mundane into the miraculous. In other words, scarcity is inversely proportional to neck stretching and drooling.
Good to see that drug use is still alive and kicking in 'Frisco'. :thumbsup:

As we say in the old UK "you ain't quite the full ticket are you son"? :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Wish List

Post by buzyg » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:16 am

Alas my touring of recent has been in a Mazda2 1.3ltr or Mx5. I have been touring though. The Alps, Wales and Scotland last year. Alas no Z4 any more. So I no longer post them up on the forum, like I used to.

A few photos, as I have an excuse to post them.
20230909_100951.jpg
20230909_100951.jpg (129.86 KiB) Viewed 436 times
20230920_172952.jpg
20230920_172952.jpg (150.29 KiB) Viewed 436 times
20230921_191617.jpg
20230921_191617.jpg (93.96 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG-20230909-WA0008.jpeg
IMG-20230909-WA0008.jpeg (131.12 KiB) Viewed 436 times
IMG-20230911-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20230911-WA0011.jpg (263.27 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Enjoy!

Marcoose

Wish List

Post by Marcoose » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:27 am

Pondrew wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:36 pm Good to see that drug use is still alive and kicking in 'Frisco'. :thumbsup:

As we say in the old UK "you ain't quite the full ticket are you son"? :D
Like we say in Frisco –ah, wait, only annoying foreigners say Frisco. Which are always the same daft ones picking on jokes. Anyone surprised ?

OP, didn’t I say the fun police would be here soon ?

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Wish List

Post by B21 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:03 pm

Marcoose wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:55 pm
Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 pm It probably doesn't help that there don't seem to be huge numbers of Z4 owners in the USA...
In my latest explorations, I present the Krugmanian Scarcity Amplification Hypothesis (KSAH). It posits that scarcity, far from being a mere determinant of value, is in fact the very essence of economic vitality. According to KSAH, as resources become scarcer, their perceived value undergoes exponential amplification. Picture a world where air is a rare commodity; suddenly, every breath becomes a precious asset, driving up its market value to astronomical heights. In this paradigm, scarcity isn't just a factor, it's the conductor orchestrating the symphony of economic exchange, transforming the mundane into the miraculous. In other words, scarcity is inversely proportional to neck stretching and drooling.
--Marcoose

Very interesting..and plausible IMHO..I am an admiring of much of his work ..particularly his later paper entitled “A manifesto for economic sense” :thumbsup:
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

extaz

Wish List

Post by extaz » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:37 am

Thanks go out to Buzyg and Marcoose et al for elevating the discourse. This allows finally, a better insight into the true personalities of members. Thanks to all.
Recently we toured in the hills of the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina again. For some highlights search You tube for The "Tail of the Dragon" which is a place to do foolish things in cars and motorcycles. The Z can hold its own but yields to Ducati's. It occurs to me also that most of these mountain towns were settled by Welsh and Scotch Irish, which seems appropriate.
Also I was intrigued by the photos from Buzyg. The pictured Alps and glaciers even looked like an area I once frequented, but while wearing skis, near Chamonix and Mt Blanc. The hyperactive climbers were obvious at the bars. I still fantasize about driving to and beyond via the Napoleon way in the Z so I could use the cold weather package with the inside ski rack, and the interactive headlights and washers but I too only had a VW.
Hope the stories continue on.
Zxy alias extaz

Gwest44

Wish List

Post by Gwest44 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:04 am

zxy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:41 pm I wish that this forum was more oriented toward tours, trips to Europe, great roads, or whatever fun, satisfaction and enjoyment we have been having with our Z4s preferably with photos from the UK and everywhere else.
Currently there are a lot of posts regarding mods and beautification which are very informative and certainly useful but only part of the real reason for having a z4.
Personally I am also very envious of your ease of driving to and on the autobahn and the Alps. It has been too long since those memorable days for me.
Thanx
In the UK we have seasonal weather which unfortunately impacts the number of trips and meeting related activity but certainly doesn't curtail it completely. Also I suspect some of the content you wish to see will exist in the individual ownership threads that some members maintain but any historic and indeed future activity can be viewed in the following section viewforum.php?f=14 :thumbsup:
Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 8xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

BeardyJon

Wish List

Post by BeardyJon » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:27 am

I've been keen to do the NC500 and the Kintyre 66 for a while now, but need to find the time to do it. With the way work is at the minute, I get no time off until my contract is over. Plus you gotta pick your moment when the Scottish weather isn't shite.
2012 E89 sDrive20i M Sport Celtic Tuning Stage 3 Remap
2008 E86 Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Gone
2003 E46 316ti M Sport - Gone

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Wish List

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:57 pm

The other issue with the NC500 is it gets bunged up with camper vans through most of the summer. :(

I went on B21s trip there last May and had a great time. We hardly had any rain either. :)

It's well worth doing, especially when you live so much nearer to it than me!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black