Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

air noise at highway speed

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
solo_the_lad

Post by solo_the_lad » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:14 am

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:12 pm
solo_the_lad wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:53 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:16 am Wow! Never heard of that before. Sorry if my advice has caused this but I had no idea it could happen as it must be with the range that BMW allow?
Are you able to find a new glass ok?
Still hunting for new glass, certainly not the fault of your advice though, as it was adjusted in the range that the components allowed for so it is a bit strange... maybe I overtightened the Torx bolt? Seems unlikely tho as the plastic sandwich surely wouldn't allow the glass to crack I'd think..
Not sure how we'd get it over to you safely, but I'm sure there are plenty of windows over here. I have a couple at least.
Thanks for the offer, but yeah I imagine the shipping cost would probably not be too wallet friendly, assuming it even gets here in one piece. Also I found this component in my door, wasn't attached to any of my window components and im not sure if it should be :?
86EA8EF0-556A-4160-8C8C-7690AF0E40CE.jpg
86EA8EF0-556A-4160-8C8C-7690AF0E40CE.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 54 times
any thoughts anyone ha
3.0i z4, every aero mod on the planet, stage 3 intake swap + tune. Remember guys, you can't fail if you don't try. :thumbsup:

solo_the_lad

Post by solo_the_lad » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:17 am

raymond.harper wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:05 pm I use one of these 1/4 drive torque wrenches to get the right tightness. Body shops are usually good at aligning doors if the door alignment is out. Years of experience with convertibles have taught me the cheapest trick is to run some black sealant along the affected area, wait till it almost sets,20240227_130743.jpg and then shut the door with a bit of Vaseline over the edge to get a good seal.
thanks for the advice mate. The door actually had perfect alignment after install on the car, I can't remember if the door alignment is adjustable on these cars or not. I know all of the surrounding panels are however.
3.0i z4, every aero mod on the planet, stage 3 intake swap + tune. Remember guys, you can't fail if you don't try. :thumbsup: