Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FREE Free seats

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:52 pm

Some of you may have seen Stuart’s posts re fitting powered seats to my E89. As a consequence of the change I have a set of manual seat bases from a 2013 facelift car and a set of standard leather heated seats to fit on to these bases. The leather is in good condition. If anyone would like them please let me know. If not they will be going to the tip on Monday. That is assuming it’s open!

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Free seats

Post by Pondrew » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:00 pm

Ian don't give them away, they are worth good money and they're M-sport! :o
And I know they are in very good condition!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Five-O

Free seats

Post by Five-O » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:50 pm

Where abouts are you?
My drivers one isn't the best condition and would be happy to contribute a bit towards if it helps.

IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:00 pm Ian don't give them away, they are worth good money and they're M-sport! :o
And I know they are in very good condition!
Thanks for your concern Andy. We have used the MSports leather on the electric bases. The bits I am giving away are the leather off the electric base and the manual bases that were originally in the car.

IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:45 pm

Five-O wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:50 pm Where abouts are you?
My drivers one isn't the best condition and would be happy to contribute a bit towards if it helps.
We live in a small village just off the A15 between Lincoln and Sleaford. If you do have the bolsters you could make a small contribution to the Forum. That would be fine.😊

Five-O

Free seats

Post by Five-O » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:50 pm

Ah OK. I'm down in Devon so a days drive away. Thanks anyway, hopefully they go to a good home.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Free seats

Post by Pondrew » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:57 pm

IRD wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm Thanks for your concern Andy. We have used the MSports leather on the electric bases. The bits I am giving away are the leather off the electric base and the manual bases that were originally in the car.
Ah OK, sorry. I thought you were giving £500 + complete seats and bases away. :oops:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:36 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:57 pm
IRD wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:30 pm Thanks for your concern Andy. We have used the MSports leather on the electric bases. The bits I am giving away are the leather off the electric base and the manual bases that were originally in the car.
Ah OK, sorry. I thought you were giving £500 + complete seats and bases away. :oops:
Angela thinks I’m as daft as a brush and she’s probably right. But I’m not that daft. As you said the MSport leather is like new. That is one of the reasons I wanted to transfer it rather than buying electric MSport Seats outright. I doubt I would have found anything in such good condition and it would have cost more to buy outright.
It’s a shame no one wants the manual bases because they too are like new.
But thanks anyway for looking out for me.👍

IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:39 pm

Five-O wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:50 pm Ah OK. I'm down in Devon so a days drive away. Thanks anyway, hopefully they go to a good home.
Shame, but never mind. I might store the leather parts just in case someone nearer me needs to refresh their bolsters.👍

Jollyjoiner

Free seats

Post by Jollyjoiner » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:45 pm

The tip :o I know they are only the standard seats Ian but they was in lovely condition and heated, that would be a shame to just throw them away, I've done over ten thousand miles on them seats. :driving:
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:27 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:45 pm The tip :o I know they are only the standard seats Ian but they was in lovely condition and heated, that would be a shame to just throw them away, I've done over ten thousand miles on them seats. :driving:
Yes they are in first rate condition. I think what I am going to do is store the leather seats and ancillaries in the hope that someone might want them in the future. But the manual bases taken from my car, although in near perfect condition are unlikely to be wanted so I might get rid of them. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend before taking a final decision. Of course we could always keep them in your shed. What do you think? I’ll let you know whether Stuart manages to finish the job on Monday. All being well we could then arrange a date for your visit.👍

Five-O

Free seats

Post by Five-O » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm

What type are they?
Just remembered I'm coming up to Hertfordshire/Cambridge border in a week or so time.
Are they anything like mine?
Attachments
20240223_203542.jpg
20240223_203542.jpg (173.23 KiB) Viewed 396 times

IRD

Free seats

Post by IRD » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:30 pm

Five-O wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm What type are they?
Just remembered I'm coming up to Hertfordshire/Cambridge border in a week or so time.
Are they anything like mine?
Yes, they are the standard sports seats. They came out of another Forum members car (JollyJoiner). I bought them for the powered bases and have had my MSport seats put on these bases..
If you look back through the For Sale adverts to one headed ‘Leather interior’ by Jollyjoiner and dated May14th 2023 you will find some photos.
Hope this helps.

Jollyjoiner

Free seats

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:38 am

IRD wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:27 pm
Jollyjoiner wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:45 pm The tip :o I know they are only the standard seats Ian but they was in lovely condition and heated, that would be a shame to just throw them away, I've done over ten thousand miles on them seats. :driving:
Yes they are in first rate condition. I think what I am going to do is store the leather seats and ancillaries in the hope that someone might want them in the future. But the manual bases taken from my car, although in near perfect condition are unlikely to be wanted so I might get rid of them. I’ll give it some thought over the weekend before taking a final decision. Of course we could always keep them in your shed. What do you think? I’ll let you know whether Stuart manages to finish the job on Monday. All being well we could then arrange a date for your visit.👍
If they went back in my shed then Lyndsay would kill me lol. Fingers crossed Stuart manages to sort the electrics out soon, you would have thought they would have e just been plug and play but it is a BMW and we know what they are like lol.

Yes once it's all sorted we will arrange a weekend for a drive over :driving:
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

Wursle

Free seats

Post by Wursle » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 pm

Are these still available? I’m currently in the process of turning my track car Z into a road going one 😅 these would come in mighty handy