Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED Chaser tool for rewiring

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Chaser tool for rewiring

Post by john-e89 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:31 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:18 pm
Umfaan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:40 pm Modern Chasing Tools are Silent and Dust freehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJcP9ZBScs :D
Only on youtube and when you are being paid to advertise them!

BTW it is illegal to carry out rewiring work (even in your own home) without a 'Part P' electrical certificate and has been for a good few years. :thumbsup:
It isn’t illegal at all Pondy, if it was you wouldn’t be able to buy lekky stuff without an electrician cert.

This was a silly rumour that got around a few years ago, it’s cobblers.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Chaser tool for rewiring

Post by Pondrew » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:49 pm

john-e89 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:31 pm It isn’t illegal at all Pondy, if it was you wouldn’t be able to buy lekky stuff without an electrician cert.

There are very limited electrical tasks that can be 'legally' carried out in the home by a DIYer. Re-wiring a room is not one of them.
Of course no-one is going to check unless you burn your house down or kill someone.
As for buying electrical stuff, that's fine. Installing it is a different matter.
You can buy a gas boiler from Screwfix (or anywhere) but you can't fit it without a Gas Safe certificate.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Chaser tool for rewiring

Post by john-e89 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:03 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:49 pm
john-e89 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:31 pm It isn’t illegal at all Pondy, if it was you wouldn’t be able to buy lekky stuff without an electrician cert.

There are very limited electrical tasks that can be 'legally' carried out in the home by a DIYer. Re-wiring a room is not one of them.
Of course no-one is going to check unless you burn your house down or kill someone.
As for buying electrical stuff, that's fine. Installing it is a different matter.
You can buy a gas boiler from Screwfix (or anywhere) but you can't fit it without a Gas Safe certificate.
Yes you can. Wether its fitted correctly or will pass a gas service is a different matter but you can fit a boiler yourself if you want.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29