Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E85 3.0Si Roof Motor Replacement

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
twomorelaps

Post by twomorelaps » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:36 pm

Hi All,

Ignored the warnings and now the roof motor has gone, Button flashes amber but no noise from the motor including windscreen release. Checked fuses but all ok so need to get it looked at, based in the midlands just North of Birmingham, anywhere localish to that area or is the zed shed the only real option?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:40 pm

twomorelaps wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:36 pm Hi All,

Ignored the warnings and now the roof motor has gone, Button flashes amber but no noise from the motor including windscreen release. Checked fuses but all ok so need to get it looked at, based in the midlands just North of Birmingham, anywhere localish to that area or is the zed shed the only real option?

You sure it's amber, not red?
If so then it is simply the parcel shelf being in the raised position, or the microswitch in the boot failed.
However if it is red then your best option by a long way is Alan Number5, in Bristol.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:04 pm

twomorelaps wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:36 pm Hi All,

I’ll PM you my contact details if you want to bring it to me in Bristol and I can have a look and also relocate it to the boot for you
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

twomorelaps

Post by twomorelaps » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:15 pm

Thanks for the replies both, turned out to be the microswitch in the wrong position after all so all fixed and good to go.

Number 5 - thanks for the offer but I'm putting the car up for sale on here in a couple of weeks, I'll make sure to pass on your details to the next owner though.

Cheers

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:19 pm

Cheap result 👍🏻
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup: