Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front Bumper Panel Gaps

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
BMWPAUL1971

Front Bumper Panel Gaps

Post by BMWPAUL1971 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:02 pm

I'm very interested in this thread. I bought my 2012 from auction as a damaged cat N. Just needed a headlight and a bumper (really annoying as that only had a tiny bit of damaged. Stupid this car was written off for that. Anyway, got a new bumper in colour but still looking for a headlight (ridiculously expensive) but I have an issue now with the gap on one side. The bonnet fits perfectly one side, but the other is a massive gap from the bonnet to the bumper. No idea how to approach it. I was thinking maybe the bonnet hinge needs replacing but the bonnet and wing where untouched?

Silverstar

Front Bumper Panel Gaps

Post by Silverstar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:44 pm

BMWPAUL1971 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:02 pm I'm very interested in this thread. I bought my 2012 from auction as a damaged cat N. Just needed a headlight and a bumper (really annoying as that only had a tiny bit of damaged. Stupid this car was written off for that. Anyway, got a new bumper in colour but still looking for a headlight (ridiculously expensive) but I have an issue now with the gap on one side. The bonnet fits perfectly one side, but the other is a massive gap from the bonnet to the bumper. No idea how to approach it. I was thinking maybe the bonnet hinge needs replacing but the bonnet and wing where untouched?
If the bonnet was untouched then I doubt you need to change the bonnet hinge more likely the problem could be the bumper bracket which that corner of the bumper sits in.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

BMWPAUL1971

Front Bumper Panel Gaps

Post by BMWPAUL1971 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:42 am

Silverstar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:44 pm
BMWPAUL1971 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:02 pm I'm very interested in this thread. I bought my 2012 from auction as a damaged cat N. Just needed a headlight and a bumper (really annoying as that only had a tiny bit of damaged. Stupid this car was written off for that. Anyway, got a new bumper in colour but still looking for a headlight (ridiculously expensive) but I have an issue now with the gap on one side. The bonnet fits perfectly one side, but the other is a massive gap from the bonnet to the bumper. No idea how to approach it. I was thinking maybe the bonnet hinge needs replacing but the bonnet and wing where untouched?
If the bonnet was untouched then I doubt you need to change the bonnet hinge more likely the problem could be the bumper bracket which that corner of the bumper sits in.
Hi buddy. Yes you would think that, but the bracket is not broken and fully intact. The impact was on the headlight and the part of the bumper it sits in, no other damage. The bonnet to front bumper is a great fit. But the bonnet to wing on one side is miles out. Abd there was no damage on these parts. :roll: I do these Cat N's as a hobby and really wanted a Z4 for a long time. Just weird and I haven't come across this before. It's always a nightmare lining up panel gaps etc after replacing a part but this is a strange one. I can't see anything obvious

jenniferlouise

Front Bumper Panel Gaps

Post by jenniferlouise » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:16 pm

BMW = Build Mine Wonky (I’m just being playful, it just fitted the topic, unlike the bumper-to-wing on some of our cars)