Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Possible sale of my Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
pvr
Legend
Legend

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by pvr » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

Once it stops raining for a week you will have another problem, a hose pipe ban so you can’t wash it :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

IRD

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by IRD » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am

Paddy is right (excuse the pun). If you sell I’m sure you will regret it. Finding good second hand cars can be a nightmare. You know this car and its condition. Whatever else you replaced it with would be a gamble. However, if you decide to sell I’m sure there will be plenty of interest. As long as you price it sensibly. :thumbsup:

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by MikeyH » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:23 pm

We have our roof down all the time over 3 degrees as long as it isn’t raining, if it does, roof goes up then down when it stops. We are out in it most afternoons throughout the year. Just wrap up, heating on and enjoy, they are great little cars. Life’s too short. Of course the problem is that when you have a low mileage, pristine car you want to keep it that way.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

j3nks79

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by j3nks79 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 pm

Cars are for driving. You are only keeping the mileage low for the next owner
2009 09 Carbon Black Cinnamon E86

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by john-e89 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:28 pm

You want a car you can use all year round…? You’ve got it, it’s pictured here… :wink:

With respect it’s not a high value car in monetary terms, what it is is a probably a car with a very clean underneath that just needs some protection then just use it, you know it, it’s got no issues, you like it, no point laying in your coffin twiddling your thumbs thinking ‘Should’ve used the Zed more, perhaps bit too late now’ I used to have this affliction but not now after pretty nasty heart issues, I look after the cars but they get used, a lot..!

It’s a car, not an appreciating fine china vase… :wink: :driving:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by Zedebee » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 pm

My guess is that you are never going to use this car much, so you can either carry on as you are, going out for an occasional Sunday drive, keeping the mileage down and trying to preserve its value; or sell it and spend the money on something you will enjoy. Whoever buys it will do the same as you have, it wouldn’t make sense to pay a low mileage premium with the intention of piling the miles on.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:09 pm

Maybe it depends how much you enjoy driving it on the odd occasion that you do!

It must be near the bottom of its depreciation curve so keeping it shouldn't cost more than things like tax and insurance - if you enjoy it and can live with those why not keep it? It's not like you'd find it easy to replace if you sold it.

But good luck whatever you decide. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

zee1

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by zee1 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:47 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoghts
Steve

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by MikeyH » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:30 pm

I’m in the Torquay, Newton Abbot area so I will keep a lookout for you and if I see you I will give a flash and a wave :thumbsup:
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

left98204

Possible sale of my Z4

Post by left98204 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:47 am

Surely the answer is simple?

We love our cars, you have a low mileage example you just can't drive much for the reasons already stated.

If you can sell it for £5-6k, do so and buy another "normal" mileage silver 2.5 Z4 for £3k, pocket the difference, keep some for maintenance and spend the rest on two weeks in the sun.

You then have (except the wheels) the same car that someone has essentially paid you £3k to have.

The logic works in my mind anyway....
54 Plate 2.2 SE, Titanium Silver, retro fitted Heated, Electric MSports Seats, Gaptech, Cruise Control, 108's - Owned from new :)