Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Considering joining the G29 gang

Discussing the current generation Z4
BobandMrg

Post by BobandMrg » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:39 pm

Time of life for a wee mid life crisis toy I think. Going to test drive a G29 m49i this week, super excited.

Any pointers what to look for?

I’m hoping @ Argyll Andy will maybe see this post and reply as I think it could well be his old car I’m going to look at in Eastern Edinburgh. Unfortunately as a new member I cannot DM him. If anyone can highlight this post to him that would be appreciated :)

If you do see it Andy, is it a good car? Any issues? The mileage hints you’ve enjoyed using it. It is getting the bonnet re sprayed by dealer as we speak. Price seems a tad high but an amazing spec!

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:39 pm

BobandMrg wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:39 pm Time of life for a wee mid life crisis toy I think. Going to test drive a G29 m49i this week, super excited.

Any pointers what to look for?

I’m hoping @ Argyll Andy will maybe see this post and reply as I think it could well be his old car I’m going to look at in Eastern Edinburgh. Unfortunately as a new member I cannot DM him. If anyone can highlight this post to him that would be appreciated :)

If you do see it Andy, is it a good car? Any issues? The mileage hints you’ve enjoyed using it. It is getting the bonnet re sprayed by dealer as we speak. Price seems a tad high but an amazing spec!

Thanks in advance 🙏🏻
Dropped you a pm :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 am

I work for AC BMW Glasgow, if you see anything in our stock that tickles your interest give me a shout.

I'm not a salesperson btw.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

BobandMrg

Post by BobandMrg » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:53 am

Thanks Andy for the PM. I got it thanks. As suggested I’ll post a couple of replies on here then hopefully be able to Pm you my number 👍🏼

BobandMrg

Post by BobandMrg » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:55 am

Hi Scubaregs

That’s good of you to say. Will have a look and keep my eye out over the coming weeks

gwatson

Post by gwatson » Mon May 06, 2024 10:12 pm

Did you ever go to see the car?

I viewed and test drove it this morning at Eastern.

Suspect it's had a minor bump as the front N/S panel alignments are somewhat off. Steering alignment was also off, potentially related.

Bodywork was in very good condition given the mileage, although I see above it's had a bonnet respray. Only slight negatives I could fine are worn rubber on the brake pedal and rattle\squeak coming from the roof.

Good luck with your search.
    PXL_20240506_092653732.jpg
    PXL_20240506_092653732.jpg (237.25 KiB) Viewed 36 times
    Current:
    E89 SDrive 30i M Sport - Manual
    Jaguar F-Type V6S Convertible
    E70 X5 30d

Previous:
    Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue
    ESS Stage 2 Supercharged E85 3.0

BobandMrg

Post by BobandMrg » Mon May 06, 2024 10:23 pm

gwatson wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:12 pm Did you ever go to see the car?

Suspect it's had a minor bump as the front N/S panel alignments are somewhat off. Steering alignment was also off, potentially related.

Bodywork was in very good condition given the mileage, although I see above it's had a bonnet respray. Only slight negatives I could fine are worn rubber on the brake pedal and rattle\squeak coming from the roof.

Hi ya. Yeah I went and looked at the car a few weeks ago and test drove it. Similar to you I found the same issues as you did. Plus the gear stick and piano black trim was all badly scratched. The garage said they would replace these items and the break pedal and had just resprayed the bonnet.

The car has been clearly loved and used as it was built for. But for me I was more after a ‘garage queen’ with a newer feel and as new condition.

Picked up an immaculate’19 plate with only 7500 miles on it. Maybe not first choice colour but white and the red leather. It’s like new and spoke to service manager at Stirling BMW who knew the car well and its provenance. So we are delighted.

Good luck with your search. Only had a couple of drives in it but they are AMAZING cars. .

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 pm

gwatson wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:12 pm Did you ever go to see the car?

[gwatson, in relation to your couple of points, and for anyone else wanting to know, I’d already been in contact with BobandMrg, it had a VERY minor glance in the front, I’ll include a picture, I insisted on a new bumper but it genuinely was a passing glance while parked. All damage identified by yellow arrows. Green arrow is the scratch that I’m genuinely surprised they painted the bonnet for, I thought a smart repair would have fixed no problem, it was caused by a stone coming up while on a forum run :tumbleweed: Repair bill at Parks BMW was £2903 iirc

The piano trim, yes was scratched and I had bought carbon fibre parts to replace if I’d been keeping, they’ll go on the new one.

I also said to them about the roof and one of the parking sensors had a toys out the pram moment just before it went in, was to be fixed under warranty.

The thing that’s surprising me is the steering wheel misalignment and panel alignment being off, it most definitely wasn’t like that when it went in, the cars done 14k since the wee bump so definitely neither related to that. Did it have new tyres all round?

The rubber on the brake pedal, well all I can say is the car was driven how it was meant to be :oops: :driving: :evil: :tumbleweed:
    Attachments
    IMG_8340.jpeg
    IMG_8340.jpeg (113.5 KiB) Viewed 27 times

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

gwatson

Post by gwatson » Mon May 06, 2024 11:25 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:00 pm

The thing that’s surprising me is the steering wheel misalignment and panel alignment being off, it most definitely wasn’t like that when it went in, the cars done 14k since the wee bump so definitely neither related to that. Did it have new tyres all round?
      Hey Andy. Hope you're enjoying the new car.

Given the picture you attached, that wouldn't put me off the car to be honest and certainly explains why the paint is so fresh. I'm sure BMW could sort the fitment. Regardless, decided not only is that particular car not for me, but decided to go back to a F-Type for a bit more drama and theatre. We'll still have the Supra, which is pretty much the same car anyway, but really do miss convertible driving.

Car had good tread for sure, couldn't say if brand new though. Conti 6's. Brake fluid was done on Sat.

Here's a couple of pictures I took.
      PXL_20240506_090422151.jpg
      PXL_20240506_090422151.jpg (122.97 KiB) Viewed 23 times
      PXL_20240506_090337765.jpg
      PXL_20240506_090337765.jpg (138.39 KiB) Viewed 23 times
      Current:
      E89 SDrive 30i M Sport - Manual
      Jaguar F-Type V6S Convertible
      E70 X5 30d

Previous:
      Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue
      ESS Stage 2 Supercharged E85 3.0