Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Front control arm bushes

"M" Specific discussion
Sajk

Front control arm bushes

Post by Sajk » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:30 pm

Does anyone know of an aftermarket brand for m specific front control arm bushes or is bmw the only source. Thanks

AndyBeech

Front control arm bushes

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 am

Would imagine Lemforder as they make the control arm. Mine are Powerflex and had no issues, worth considering.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Sajk

Front control arm bushes

Post by Sajk » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:49 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 am Would imagine Lemforder as they make the control arm. Mine are Powerflex and had no issues, worth considering.
Were they offset like stock? Meyle HD are not offset as far as I can tell from the pictures. Z4m seems to be the only ones that are and from my reading a common "upgrade" to e46 m3 control arms.

AndyBeech

Front control arm bushes

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:58 pm

Sajk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:49 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 am Would imagine Lemforder as they make the control arm. Mine are Powerflex and had no issues, worth considering.
Were they offset like stock? Meyle HD are not offset as far as I can tell from the pictures. Z4m seems to be the only ones that are and from my reading a common "upgrade" to e46 m3 control arms.
Yup same offset as stock, same (or very similar) caster on the geo. E46 M3 aren't offset like the Z4M like you say so you'll lose some caster if you use them.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Nick W

Front control arm bushes

Post by Nick W » Wed May 01, 2024 7:53 am

I've had a set of purple Powerflex on for 6 years now and they are as good as new. Scan the net and wait for a bargain, mine were under half price. If you have any problems knocking the old ones off, drill a small countersink in the control arm end and use a bearing puller. The powerflex ones are also the easiest to fit.
Silver M Roadster
220d Active Tourer
Landrovers 90 & 110