Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

NAD UK - 4 Wheel Alignment

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Thu May 23, 2024 10:14 pm

Just got back from a visit to NAD UK, in Littlehampton near Brighton. (https://naduk.co.uk/

After having a decent setup from Center Gravity a few years ago now, I took it to a local-ish tyre place (not Kwik Fit!) to put it back to the settings I had from CG. They had a Hunter machine, and I provided the print out of the settings, sounded like it wouldn't be a problem. As it turns out, it was a problem, they made a pigs ear of it to be honest and didn't manage to do much let alone get it back to the settings I wanted. Don't really know why as nothing was seized, far from it. Either way, bit of a waste of time and money.

I'd heard good things about NAD so decided to take a trip down there to try and get it sorted again for this year. He checked over the car on the ramps making sure it was all in good order, even picked up a few unrelated minor things which was good to know and can add to my list.

Talked me through what he was doing and set the car up exactly how I wanted, spot on to the previous setup, with some added camber. No issues at all and no problems adjusting anything. Basically he knows what he's doing and is clearly an enthusiast, unlike a lot of places with Hunter machines but that's no real surprise, should have known better the first time! Only as good as the person using it even when you provide the settings..... :lol:

Checked the corner weights again which were still good from last time so no adjustment needed there.

Was happy talking cars the whole time I was there as well which was an added bonus, don't usually like getting in the way of someone working but he was more than happy to oblige and had an enjoyable chat. A couple of hours very well spent! Has a cracking M3 there that's well worth a look.

Will be my go to alignment shop in the future and highly recommended :thumbsup:
NAD Align 2024.jpg
NAD Align 2024.jpg (188.58 KiB) Viewed 260 times
NAD1.jpg
NAD1.jpg (161.47 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Z4MR - Gruppe M / Bilstein PSS10 / CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's / RTAB Limiters / Powerflex’d / PF Camber Arms / K-Sport BBK / RSL-29 / GC Camber Plates / Strut Brace / Exhaust valves / custom brake cooling / 4.1 FD / underside refresh!

MarshMA10

Post by MarshMA10 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:39 pm

Excellent nugget - this is not too far from London for travelling so will definitely take mine to this fella once tyres are swapped and steering problem bollox is sorted.
2010 E89 35i — turbo boat hooligan - viewtopic.php?t=131886
2008 Ducati 1098S — two wheeled nightmare

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Thu May 23, 2024 10:53 pm

MarshMA10 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:39 pm Excellent nugget - this is not too far from London for travelling so will definitely take mine to this fella once tyres are swapped and steering problem bollox is sorted.
It's a nice drive through the South Downs past a Caffeine and Machine as well depending which way you go. Good roads to test the setup afterwards :thumbsup:
Z4MR - Gruppe M / Bilstein PSS10 / CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's / RTAB Limiters / Powerflex’d / PF Camber Arms / K-Sport BBK / RSL-29 / GC Camber Plates / Strut Brace / Exhaust valves / custom brake cooling / 4.1 FD / underside refresh!

plenty

Post by plenty » Thu May 23, 2024 11:22 pm

3 degrees front camber :D. You must like corners.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Thu May 23, 2024 11:33 pm

plenty wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:22 pm 3 degrees front camber :D. You must like corners.
Haha, yup! Gotta preserve those outside edges on trackdays :D Wasted too many tyres now ruining the outsides, though that's probably the drivers fault as much as the setup :cry: