Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

TNT SPORTS

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ekimj10

TNT SPORTS

Post by ekimj10 » Mon May 27, 2024 10:21 am

Have decided to cancel our subscription to TNT Sports, this after many years first as a free package with BT Broad Band and now as a £30.00 per month multi national sports channel
After some searching the payment is still taken through BT and here’s the crunch, and maybe a warning, BT want a £303.00 cancellation fee. My contract at present runs to Nov 2025.
Shocked and I will be contesting it.
Now starting to look at the other service providers fully expecting to find something similar.
[
2.2R Toledo Blue

Beerman

TNT SPORTS

Post by Beerman » Mon May 27, 2024 11:33 am

I fell foul of Sky recently. I added a Sky mini box for another room. I realised that the additional box was on an 18 month contract, but I didn't realise asking for another box reset my entire contract to 18 months.

My promotions from my previous contract soon ended and my bill got crazy. They wouldn't cancel services. I had to renew again on a promotional deal. I was told that if I renewed the contract I had 30 days to cancel and get out of the contact.

Another way of getting TNT and Discovery+ cheaper is if you have a EE phone contract. Some contracts have add ons including TNT Sports. The free perk works on phones. For an additional £5 per month you can get TNT to pair with your TV.

Streaming isn't as good as viewing on a TV channel, but the app is getting better.

ekimj10

TNT SPORTS

Post by ekimj10 » Mon May 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Thanks for that, we only ever used it to watch European football and have not been too impressed with some of the commentators, pundits and presenters and with the football season ended decide a good opportunity to escape. Have watched Discovery+ a bit but this can be added through BT I think. All too easy to fall into the trap and nothing on paper either.
2.2R Toledo Blue

Abbas

TNT SPORTS

Post by Abbas » Mon May 27, 2024 6:15 pm

I have a Now Tv app on my smart box thingy and find viewing Sky fine on there. I think Sky own it as all of the content on Now TV is basically Sky. You can buy Entertainment/Sports/Movie packs. I just get the Sport and Entertainment. Getting Now TV or Discovery+ via streaming on a smart box might make it easier to avoid getting tied into contracts tied to Sky boxes etc. The good thing is if you go on the now tv website and threaten to cancel they nearly always have a wobble and give you a nice discount for 6 months. :thumbsup: threaten to cancel again in 6 months...

I no longer have TNT too. Their Boxing and UFC coverage is second to none, and I really enjoyed it when it came free with the broadband. Can't really justify the costs for it now for a big fight or the odd champions league game I'm interested in. I had it for about a month again recently via the Discovery+ app. I guess they're owned by the same company now. I do seem to remember getting tons of other additional channels alongside TNT Sports when I signed up, so probably quite a good deal if you actually watch the other stuff
Z4M Roadster
IG: @abbas2kk

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

TNT SPORTS

Post by Nanu » Mon May 27, 2024 7:32 pm

I fell foul of Sky cancellation policies a few years back, but found they are all the same. Change anything and the contract starts again. Cancel the contract and you pay in full for all the months you are no longer having.
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

DonDon

TNT SPORTS

Post by DonDon » Tue May 28, 2024 12:09 pm

ekimj10 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 4:50 pm Thanks for that, we only ever used it to watch European football and have not been too impressed with some of the commentators, pundits and presenters and with the football season ended decide a good opportunity to escape. Have watched Discovery+ a bit but this can be added through BT I think. All too easy to fall into the trap and nothing on paper either.
If you watch football, Sky Sports+ is launching in the next few months for no extra charge and will include LOTS of extra UK football. I can't abide football and have TNT Sports for the Rugby Union. I wish there was a cheaper Sky Sports subscription that excluded football!
2013 E89 28i auto