Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: 3.0i Roadster front end /bumper cover

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

FS: 3.0i Roadster front end /bumper cover

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:40 pm

I have the original front end of my 2003 Z4. Sterling Grey. Perfect condition with no dents, bashes, scratches, but just decided to mod the front to an '06 style.

Complete with both foglights and lower black grill mesh. Ready to fit.

Taking up garage space that I could use, so any reasonabale offer - here I am, else I'll keep it to day I trade in and retrofit it.

Can post or email his res pictures if anyone is interested?

Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Z4 Forum AMW

Re: 3.0i Roadster front end /bumper cover

Post by Z4 Forum AMW » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Hi mate,

I am after a sterling grey bumper as have mullered mine on a kerb!

Where abouts are you based and how much are you looking for? Some decent pics would be great also

Thanks

Alex
2003 Z4 2.5 - Grey with Red Leather

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Alex,

I'm close to Lichfield, NE of B'ham (WS14 0LA will pinpoint me)

I put it on ebay (290164618802) with a start of £75 'buy now' of £120, so we can can talk around those figures. Some pictures there but I can take some better ones in the morning if you need them. (the marks are a few bugs on it as it came straight off and into the garage)

ebay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=019

Phil
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Z4 Forum AMW

Post by Z4 Forum AMW » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:44 pm

I don't have headlight washers but I assume this wouldn't matter would it? They would obviously just not work!

Also, how easy is installation?
2003 Z4 2.5 - Grey with Red Leather

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:18 pm

Headlight washers - obviously it has the cutouts ready so you would either need to retrofit the internals (they just clip into the backof the cover) or just get 2 of the covers from BMW and fix them over the holes to blank them.

In essence all the washers do is take a feed from the washer bottle and under pressure push up two plastic cylinders with nozzles on the top. They have colour coded caps that cover the cutouts when not in use. Stick a post on the board and someone will advise if it's easy ro plumb to the washer reservoir.

Fixing is a doddle. I could do it for/with you in under 30 minutes

Phil

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:27 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:...Stick a post on the board and someone will advise if it's easy ro plumb to the washer reservoir.
Sounds like a good sale then! With the headlamp washers, just buy the covers and stick them on to the bumper instead of trying to plumb in the washer system, they should only be pennies from BMW.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 am

Hi wondermike - for sure the covers are a quick, cheap and simple solution. That's exactly what I wuodl do

Just looking at the alternatives, as if something can easily be retrofitted it's noce to do while the front is off. The only bit I was unsure of is if the headlight washer uses a bit more fancy pump/electronics as it only operates if the headlights are on.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Now Sold