Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sticking Handbrake

baggieboy1888

Sticking Handbrake

Post by baggieboy1888 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Anyone else finding this. Completely random, i,e, first thing in the morning and after 50 miles at traffic lights. Repeatedly pushing the buttom worked eventually but hardly ideal!

Breaker
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Sticking Handbrake

Post by Breaker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:54 pm

OK here!

You use that park brake at traffic lights? :? Haven't done that for years, especially that electronic one. :P
3.0si Z4 Coupe then an sDrive 35i Z4. Great cars, now gone. Range Rover Evoque owner now! :)

baggieboy1888

Post by baggieboy1888 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Breaker wrote:OK here!

You use that park brake at traffic lights? :? Haven't done that for years, especially that electronic one. :P
Um yes, particularly when the lights around here take forever to change. Am I missing something?

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 pm

baggieboy1888 wrote:
Breaker wrote:OK here!

Um yes, particularly when the lights around here take forever to change. Am I missing something?
No your missing nothing - your doing exactly the right thing in using your handbrake in these circumstances. :thumbsup:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

MikeS

Post by MikeS » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Had no problem with mine and I always use it at the lights!
SDRIVE35i Space Grey, 7 speed DCT, adaptive M suspension, V Spoke 19" wheels, Nav pro with HDD, Comfort access and most of the other toys!