Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Aux-in plus Bluetooth

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Aux-in plus Bluetooth

Post by Redzedfour » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Today i finally got round to fitting my aux-in lead which i had taken out of the roadster before it went,anyhow i thought it would be a simple job vents out,radio out,lead in and then to see if it worked BUT no!.The coupe has B/tooth fitted so where the aux-in should have gone there was another connector so i thought that was it job stopped.
The connector in the back of the radio and the connector on the aux-in lead are identical so with aid of a small screwdriver removed the pins from the aux-in lead then replaced them into the corresponding holes of the connector in the back of the radio well on the second attempt i did got them the wrong way round on the first attempt i was holding the plug upside down :roll:

I refitted the connector blocks to the back of the radio to check everything was ok radio worked,CD worked Aux worked and most importantly the B/tooth still worked which it did :thumbsup:
The only downside i drilled the hole in the panel under the heater controls, but put the hole at the top of the panel rather than the bottom. So if anyone has a spare lying around in black i'll be happy to take it of your hands :thumbsup:

So all and all i'm feeling very pleaded with myself for overcoming that problem. :)
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights