Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Avon ZZ3's

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
martinb1966

Re: Avon ZZ3's

Post by martinb1966 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 am

had them on my max modded tt when i changed alloys not a great tyre to be honest a bit vague in the dry on cornering and damn dangerous in the wet they sent me aqua planing in sweden on a really good road would never recommend them to anyone
Z4M interlagos blue black leather and carbon weave with a few very subtle mods

peddy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by peddy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:40 am

BMWZ4MC wrote:...in fact, it was the poor feedback from the car which stopped the tyres reaching their full potential! :roll:
Is this why the steering feels so light?

TBH Worst comes to worse I can sell this set with the tyres after I refurb my other set and then fit the Hankooks.

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:38 am

Nosa wrote:
peddy wrote:my address was flagged as fraudulent. :tumbleweed:
Even after giving the phone to my father as the guy at camskill remembered his accent they still wouldn't except the order. They were just not having any of it.

I guess they live in a world where misunderstandings have never happened before.

Anyways a big :thumbsdown: from me!
:o :o :o not good, Never used them myself but after hearing that i will probably be unlikly too :?

About to get some new tyres for my wife's 325 - NOT WITH CAMSKILL! :thumbsdown:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:30 pm

peddy wrote:Well I ended up getting them in the end... I couldn't wait until the new year TBH. Will report back once the tyres have warn in a little...

lacroupade, They called yesterday morning and my father answered. There was a little misunderstanding and he thought they said tiles (my father's a property developer). :roll:

The camskill guy never mentioned my name or any further details and before you know it without the guy looking into it further he canceled the order. There were no emails sent to me to say it had been cancelled or anything.

I emailed them last night (not knowing at the time what had happened in the morning) in the evening as I never received a tracking number. They replied the next morning to explain that they called and the man who they spoke to didn't know anything about the order. Called up to explain the situation and they said I couldn't place an order with them anymore because my address was flagged as fraudulent. :tumbleweed:
Even after giving the phone to my father as the guy at camskill remembered his accent they still wouldn't except the order. They were just not having any of it.

I guess they live in a world where misunderstandings have never happened before.

Anyways a big :thumbsdown: from me!
Mmmm thats a shame.....in their defence, having entered the brutal world of online supply ourselves, if they do ship to a dodgy customer and theres subsequently a problem with payment say, then the card company just shafts them and its a total loss as far as they are concerned, so you can understand their perspective...and much as one would like to give people the benefit of the doubt after any confusion the fact is the seeds are sown, and the real crims are obviously incredibly convincing as well, so putting it right is difficult. Hope you get your tyres sorted though :thumbsup:
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

peddy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by peddy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:42 pm

lacroupade, they should take payment and once cleared they should then dispatch, so I don't really agree with you there... Unless I'm missing something?

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:16 pm

peddy wrote:lacroupade, they should take payment and once cleared they should then dispatch, so I don't really agree with you there... Unless I'm missing something?
"cardholder not present" transaction is easy to do......just need the card and the cardholders address, and many sites will ship to alternate addresses. I mean a card can easily be nicked from mail left in shared premises for example or burgled from a known address or lifted in a purse/wallet with a driving licence in it, so home address is easily known; that and the card and you're home and dry.

and the retailer takes the hit, not the card company.

Have you tried buying a laptop or expensive TV online lately? some retailers give you the third degree, bigger ones just take a hit if the s**t hits the fan.
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:46 pm

peddy wrote:
BMWZ4MC wrote:...in fact, it was the poor feedback from the car which stopped the tyres reaching their full potential! :roll:
Is this why the steering feels so light?
Not at all... It's just my standard dig about the rubbish handling of the Audi TT. Actually, I found the ZZ3s to be pretty reasonable, and the car a pile of poo!
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

peddy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by peddy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:13 am

BMWZ4MC, How would you rate them in the wet?

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:31 pm

It was a long time ago, but I don't remember any probs
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

chris

Post by chris » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 am

Ive never had any problems with camskill, saying that not used them lately.

Avon ZZ3's i would not use again, they are ok when done 1000 miles, bit like the FK452's really. But imo get the FK452's. Still not a better tyre for the money imho. Unless you are feeling flush and get some pilot sport 2's. Love these :thumbsup:

Aliv6

Post by Aliv6 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:37 am

Had them on my old 172, purely because i got them free! (We were racing Caterhams and they were new out and the Scottish agent at Knockhill wanted them tested) They were rubbish imo!
2007 Z4MC & 2004 Mk2 Clio V6

Pope

Post by Pope » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:06 pm

How did these come togehter guys, I have been offered them with My CSL's and I will be taking the car to the ring first week of August so 700 miles there to wear them in first.
My spelling and grammer is terrible, I'm very sorry.

Black Z4M Roadster purchased 5th March 2011

Pope - Can you guess what my name is??

peddy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by peddy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Pope wrote:How did these come togehter guys, I have been offered them with My CSL's and I will be taking the car to the ring first week of August so 700 miles there to wear them in first.
Yeah, that should be enough to wear them in.
They are good, but for about £100 more I would get hankook s1's or v12's.

cj_eds

Post by cj_eds » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:43 pm

I had them on a previous car and they were great tyres. Unfortunately can't say much more because what suits one car mightn't perform on others well.