Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Unmarked police cars

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Zed_Steve

Unmarked police cars

Post by Zed_Steve » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Was out on the road on Saturday night stopped at some traffic lights on a motorway island when a black Ford Focus (ST i presume) pulled up beside me. It looked like a boy racer, the wheels were blacked out and the suspension appeared to be lowered. As the lights changed the Focus shot off before they went to green, and sped down this dual carriageway. Then it suddenly slowed and started weaving across both lanes, hazzard lights came on, then flashing blue lights! Then parked it self across the carriageway.
I thought WTF! I slowed and a policeman got out and directed me onto slip road where we were stopped ( i didnt ask what was going on but obviously there was some kind of incident further down the road)
It just got me thinking has anyone eles had a strange experience like this, and what type of umarked cars have you seen around by you (out of curiosity) :P
Have also seen a VW Golf R32 unmarked car.
Now - N/A

Then... E89 sDrive35iS(2012-2013), E89 sDrive30i(2011-2012), E85 3.0si Sport Roadster(2009-2011), Z3 2.8(2005-2009).

playalistic

Re: Unmarked police cars

Post by playalistic » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Loads of them in the Thames Valley area. Subarus, blinged out Focus STs, even heard of a 911 doing the rounds! :?

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:22 pm

I got caught by a Mk5 Golf GTI :(

z4alfie

Post by z4alfie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm

A19 North East/North Yorkshire recently I have seen a Ford Focus C Max in dark metallic Grey and a VW Golf possibly R32 or GTI also metallic Grey. Sneaky
Titanium Silver roadster, Mods: MV3's Stubby, M Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Chrome exhaust tips, carbon fibre grilles, remote hood, Loads of wax!Image

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:28 pm

A couple of years ago I saw a Mk4 R32 on the M42, pulled over some 5 series driver.

Also seen a few 5 series with the blue lights in the kidney grills.

Redzedfour
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Redzedfour » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 pm

A silver E90 3 series saloon in and around Darlington,he pulled me over for going through a pedestrian crossing on amber only got a warning as he was on his way to something more important :oops:
Previous,Bright Red 2.2 Roadster
Gone 3.0si Sport coupe Auto,Pearl Grey Leather & Piano Black. MODS, Stubby,Aux,Aero Wipers,De-Badged,452's & Led N/P lights

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:20 pm

I recently followed an M3 out of Maidstone, he was doing a steady 30mph (in a 30 zone), so my first thought was, he is a driver with to many points, scared of getting some more,
I had a lad in a Peogot 206, sitting 2 inches off my bumper and really starting to piss me off, he then pulled out, shot down the middle of the road on to chevrons (bollards every 100 yards or so) past both of us, giving it large, just made it infront of the M3 before he hit the bollards and kept going,,

and yes you guessed it, the M3 suddenly launched after him, blue lights flashing, made my day :D
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Bizarrely, a white Volkswagen Transporter panel van almost identical to mine. Not blinged up or a fast version, but a rather unlikely choice I thought. Blue lights hidden in grill, etc, completely unmarked. That was in Glasgow just off the Kingston Bridge on the M8.
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

ajs

Post by ajs » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm

In my previous life, and thats all i will say on the matter i drove unmarked police cars such as, blue subaru impreza, silver honda accord type r, skoda vrs, loads of vauxhall omegas, mondeo st220, bmw 5 series estates. Now just a distant memory.
Little inside knowledge, if you are behind what you think is an unmarked PV, check the number plate at the bottom. If its an unmarked PV it will have something like a 6 digit ref no, like 901-437. If you can see a figure similar in make up then its an unmarked PV. Omegas also have centre rear headrest removed to allow pop up stop plate. If its parked its obvious its an unmarked and the tax disc will show its a police car by having it written on it, dead give away, but if you are that close you can tell i hope.
No more inside tips, unless you twist my arm :driving:

Zed_Steve

Post by Zed_Steve » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:05 pm

ajs wrote:In my previous life, and thats all i will say on the matter i drove unmarked police cars such as, blue subaru impreza, silver honda accord type r, skoda vrs, loads of vauxhall omegas, mondeo st220, bmw 5 series estates. Now just a distant memory.
Little inside knowledge, if you are behind what you think is an unmarked PV, check the number plate at the bottom. If its an unmarked PV it will have something like a 6 digit ref no, like 901-437. If you can see a figure similar in make up then its an unmarked PV. Omegas also have centre rear headrest removed to allow pop up stop plate. If its parked its obvious its an unmarked and the tax disc will show its a police car by having it written on it, dead give away, but if you are that close you can tell i hope.
:thumbsup:
Now - N/A

Then... E89 sDrive35iS(2012-2013), E89 sDrive30i(2011-2012), E85 3.0si Sport Roadster(2009-2011), Z3 2.8(2005-2009).

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:20 pm

The best is surely the HGV traction unit doing the M6 and M5 around Birmingham area.

Sepcifically to catch big HGV's where normal cars cannot see into the cab :thumbsup:

Caught a polish driver some time back cooking his breakfast on a campstove on the centre console - on the motorway :rofl:
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Herminator

Post by Herminator » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:34 pm

ajs wrote:In my previous life, and thats all i will say on the matter i drove unmarked police cars such as, blue subaru impreza, silver honda accord type r, skoda vrs, loads of vauxhall omegas, mondeo st220, bmw 5 series estates. Now just a distant memory.
Wouldn't all the Omegas be retired by now? Or is that what they want us to think :evil:
BMW M4CS, San Marino Blue, CCBs

Gone but not forgotten- Z4M Roadster, E31 840 Ci Sport, E85 Z4 3.0 Sport.

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 pm

a11y wrote:Bizarrely, a white Volkswagen Transporter panel van almost identical to mine. Not blinged up or a fast version, but a rather unlikely choice I thought. Blue lights hidden in grill, etc, completely unmarked. That was in Glasgow just off the Kingston Bridge on the M8.

Same as - years ago while tearing along the M4 at about 5am in a MkII Golf GTi I got blue-lamped by a completely plain white Transit van which then just carried on... :oops:
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 pm

As I said before, I'm quite bored tonight. Not great but you get the idea :)

Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

DrNick

Post by DrNick » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:58 pm

not very unmarked inkey$, :poke:
2007 Carbon Black 2.0 Sport + comfort pack + bluetooth - Loved and not forgotten!
2012 E89 Space Grey M Sport 2.0 Auto - need to update signature!