Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Routing intravee leads With cd changer?

bribrolly

Routing intravee leads With cd changer?

Post by bribrolly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Ok I've hooked up the intravee and got it working perfectly but when I've looked at all the how to guides they are for z's with no cd changer! As I have a changer I can't see any, easy, way into the central compartment where I'd rather have the lead come out. Not a major problem but if anyone knows a good, clean way to go about this it would be appreciated greatly.

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Routing intravee leads With cd changer?

Post by jimbo1958 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:34 am

bribrolly wrote:Ok I've hooked up the intravee and got it working perfectly but when I've looked at all the how to guides they are for z's with no cd changer! As I have a changer I can't see any, easy, way into the central compartment where I'd rather have the lead come out. Not a major problem but if anyone knows a good, clean way to go about this it would be appreciated greatly.
I'm in the same boat so if anyone has any ideas. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE
Jaguar F Type V6s Roadster :driving:
Abarth 695 Rivale :driving:

dgm

Post by dgm » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:05 am

If you can't find a way of feeding the iPod cable through the storage box then the only alternative I can think of is to partially dismantle the area between the seats per these instructions:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/6042EN.pdf

You may not have to go through the whole procedure but be warned, I've found it a PITA every time I've done it.

PS - Did you resolve the issues with your Intravee and KCA-420i Jim?
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

sjj84

Post by sjj84 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm

No help to you as I haven't done mine yet, but on the coupe is it possible to get to the required leads from the cd changer from behind rather than taking the centre console apart?

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Not really as the cables are stuck to the floor with tape and the access hole is too small. I still took it apart from the front, note that on the Coupe it is easier to do.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm

bribrolly wrote:Ok I've hooked up the intravee and got it working perfectly but when I've looked at all the how to guides they are for z's with no cd changer! As I have a changer I can't see any, easy, way into the central compartment where I'd rather have the lead come out. Not a major problem but if anyone knows a good, clean way to go about this it would be appreciated greatly.
It's a doddle. Open the cubby and the boot. Look through cubby and you should see a gap between the CD changer and the support the Nav unit sits on. The gap is about 5-10mm. I got a pair of insulated screwdrivers so as not to cause damage and wedged between the CD changer and Nav support to give me a couple of mm extra.
Then slid the Ipod dock connector through this gap via the boot. Could now do this 5 mins top.

Off to Pounland tomorrow to see if I can get a Silicon Case for the Ipod....job done. :thumbsup:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE

dgm

Post by dgm » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Here's how to access the CD changer leads from behind the firewall in the boot of the coupe.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showth ... p?t=166179
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:26 pm

I still havent routed my ipod to my cabin... just used some double sided velcro and stuck it to the carpet in my boot :oops:

I only use that ipod in my car... so dont mind it having velcro all over it!

sjj84

Post by sjj84 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:38 pm

dgm wrote:Here's how to access the CD changer leads from behind the firewall in the boot of the coupe.

Thanks for the link, what I was wondering is;
I have the cd changer fitted in mine, is it possible to unplug the cables from behind without having to take the changer out? Trying to avoid taking the centre console apart if possible.

dgm

Post by dgm » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:01 pm

sjj84 wrote:
dgm wrote:Here's how to access the CD changer leads from behind the firewall in the boot of the coupe.

I have the cd changer fitted in mine, is it possible to unplug the cables from behind without having to take the changer out? Trying to avoid taking the centre console apart if possible.
Yes, a bit awkward but they are accessible. At least they were on mine and I can't see why yours would be any different. I agree you should avoid taking the centre console out, it's too time consuming.

jimbo1958
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jimbo1958 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:50 pm

sjj84 wrote:

Can only speak fo the Roadster but dead easy. Once the carpet is lifted they're right in front of you. :thumbsup:
Go easy with the 3 pin Ibus cable though. You don't want to break it. :cry:
Z4 e85 3.0 - GONE
Z4 e89 35i - GONE

sjj84

Post by sjj84 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Cheers fellas, will give it a go at some point.