Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Remote Roof Operation

"M" Specific discussion
spareone3

Remote Roof Operation

Post by spareone3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:32 am

Hi all,
Could you confirm the standard functionality on a 07/07 Z4MR with regards to the roof operation vis key fob?

1) Is the opening/closing function a factory standard feature?
2) I have read these Reinhold modules being fitted, is this an after-market module if not factory fitted?
3) Is this fucntionality a coding issue on some cars?

The reasonm I ask, mine will open with the key fob, but I can't work out hold to close the thing! Seems holding the lock on keyfob doesn't work, where holding the unlock does open the roof and windows etc.

Many thanks for any confirmation.
2007 Z4M E85, Ruby Black, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black interior. 2016 530D MSport F10, Auto, Space Grey, Black Dakota, Piano Black.

playalistic

Re: Remote Roof Operation

Post by playalistic » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:36 am

It doesn't close as standard for "safety reasons". I'm certain you can actually get an indie with an autologic kit to do the necessary coding for your key but BMW are not willing to do it.

aquazi
Lifer
Lifer

Post by aquazi » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 am

I got mine coded from an indie to close by the key... however its sketchy at best... as you have to hold it down for a few seconds.... but handy to close the windows when i forget to close them!

A much smarter alternative would be a for a reinhold module.. 3 clicks and it will open/ close the roof.

spareone3

Post by spareone3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 am

Ah-ha!
Thanks for the confirmation.
2007 Z4M E85, Ruby Black, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black interior. 2016 530D MSport F10, Auto, Space Grey, Black Dakota, Piano Black.