Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

August 2008 European Car Article

"M" Specific discussion
ari1856

August 2008 European Car Article

Post by ari1856 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 am

As M Roadster coupe enthusiasts I'm sure lots of people have seen this article.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/projectca ... index.html

I find 42 wheel HP and 23 WTQ gains to be incredible on a normally aspirated car.

Is this the preferred setup for you HP freaks? other than forced induction of course which I am not fond of on a normally aspirated car.
Looking for a White on Sepang Z4 ///M

In the garage: 700 HP/TQ 2002 911 equipped with a little Turbonium

ga41

Re: August 2008 European Car Article

Post by ga41 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:44 am

Your headers have catalytic converters on them making them a lot more restrictive than our European ones, that's why they managed to get so much gains by changing the whole exhaust system. A popular upgrade is swapping your North American headers with the European headers (which are the same as on the M3 CSL by the way), you'd need to change your software though so that you dont get a Check Engine light. Another way to not get a CEL is to mod your stock US main catalytic converters and attach O2 sensors on the same place as the ones found on the European main catalytic converters.

European headers:

North American headers:

Main catalytic converters, the North American ones dont have the sockets for the O2 sensors (numbers number 9 and 10 on the diagram below)
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

daz05

Re: August 2008 European Car Article

Post by daz05 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:57 am

Wow good knowledge