Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

KW VARIANT 2

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
adriansZed

KW VARIANT 2

Post by adriansZed » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi guys still fairly new to the site and need to post some pictures but the chance of buying some kw2 coilovers for my 3.0l si has come up and I wondered what peoples opinions are on them. I need to replace a broken rear spring and was going to go down the eibach and koni route but this would be as expensive as the coilovers which are 11 months old.
I only use the car on the road but after coming from a Lotus Elise I would like to sharpen up the handling and like the idea of being able to set the height to what I like.
My only concern is whether the ride even on the softer setting will be quite hard for day to day driving.
I have done a quick search and found some info on the kw3s but not much on the kw2s!

Any opinions would be much appreciated!

fluxco

Re: KW VARIANT 2

Post by fluxco » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 am

i dont have any comments on kw v2s.

but i can recommend gaz gold coil overs. i have them on my z. mine is running half way soft and 7 clicks (out of 20) from hard on the rear. handling is sublime, the ride is not much harsher than before, i can always adjust the shocks to make the ride softer.

decent price too, you can get camber plate top mount if you want, but they are pretty noisy and i would stick with standard

i bought mine from jimmy and jenny at http://www.raceperformancemodified.com

drjhill

Re: KW VARIANT 2

Post by drjhill » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:46 am

Just something to think about with V2s. If they are the same as for the e36 version the rear damping is NOT adjustable on the car. You have to take the rear dampers off to adjust. A pain on Z4R unless you have "upside down" rear shock mounts.

V3s are adjustable on the car AFAIK

HTH